Are you going vegan in January or interested in a 31-day challenge for Veganuary? Whether you’re new to plant-based food or have been at this a while, say Happy Veganuary with these 31 days of healthy vegan recipes.
This post was originally published in December 2019. It’s been updated to include even better recipes!
BONUS! These veganuary recipes are nutrient-dense vegan meals to help you live your best healthy self!
DOUBLE BONUS!! Get a FREE printable veganuary recipe meal plan.
If you already eat a whole food plant-based diet but are getting tired of your routine, this collection of delicious veganuary recipes is exactly what you need!
Below you’ll find 31 amazing vegan recipes that are nutrient-dense, filling, flavourful, and satisfying. It’s a great way to change up your dinner schedule, meet your January healthy eating goals, or complete a veganuary challenge.
Eating vegan food should not be boring! (And neither should eating healthy.) That’s what this happy veganuary meal plan is all about.
What you’ll find
- 31 mouth-watering veganuary recipes that are perfect for dinner (and some leftovers).
- Dishes that are actually nutrient-dense, and not boring.
- Veganuary recipes that are, of course, vegan, not just vegan options, vegetarian, dairy-free, and free from eggs. (No animal products.) But also oil-free (or easily made oil-free).
- All recipes are refined sugar-free and many are wheat and gluten-free.
- Filling, hearty meals from casseroles, to burgers, to meatballs, tacos, pizza, buddha bowls, healthy grains, soups, and stews.
- Recipe servings are all UNDER 400 calories per serving. So if your goal is weight loss, these veganuary recipes will definitely aid with that. (If weight loss is not your goal, you may enjoy a larger serving.)
- Most are budget-friendly too!
- Most importantly, FLAVOUR-filled, tried and true, tested vegan recipes that work the FIRST time you make them and will satisfy your soul.
What you won’t find
Not one salad.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with a hearty, delicious salad, but I’m here to change your mind about plant-based eating. To show you that a vegan diet goes FAR beyond salad. These veganuary recipes will change your perspective.
So even if your family are not willing participants, these happy veganuary dishes may change their mind! 😉
That said, if a salad is what you’re craving, check out all my salads on the blog. And of course, feel free to add a green salad to any of the meal options below. 🙂
You also won’t find any “fake” store-bought non-dairy products or highly processed ingredients loaded with chemicals.
Just REAL food!
So make the first month of the year (and every month after that if you’re interested in a vegan lifestyle) filled with wholesome and delicious food.
About the calendar
I’m offering a FREE printable calendar for your veganuary recipes meal plan with clickable links for each dinner recipe. The calendar takes care of all your dinners for the entire month of January.
I did not include breakfasts or lunches, as these dishes usually provide leftovers. And leftovers make the best lunches right?
For vegan breakfast ideas, check out these.
And if you’re craving chocolate, cookies, or something sweet, find some healthier vegan dessert ideas here to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Why Meal Plan?
My top 3 reasons:
- Reduce Stress: With a planned menu for the week or month, you don’t need to worry about what you’re cooking for dinner every night.
- Encourage Healthier Eating: When you have a plan in place, you won’t make impulse decisions, to let’s say, order a pizza. 😉
- Save Money: With the menu planned out for you, you know exactly what you need to purchase from the supermarkets. That means fewer impulse purchases and/or wasted produce.
Read up more on why I meal plan here.
Alright friends, are you ready to say happy veganuary?
31 Healthy Veganuary Recipes
Browse through all 31 happy veganuary recipes and don’t forget the free veganuary meal plan calendar at the end!
As promised, your FREE Veganuary Recipes Meal Plan featuring plant-based recipes that are perfect for dinner!
Feel free to switch things around to suit your schedule, preferences or repeat any of your favourites to make this the best experience for you.
You don’t have to follow the veganuary meal plan exactly as scheduled. Make it work for you.
If you need more vegan dinner options to sub anything out, here are a few more favourites below. Or browse the entire dinner collection.
If you try any of these recipes, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
Buon appetito & Happy Veganuary!