I am so excited to share this recipe with you guys! I’ve made the ultimate vegan cheese sauce. It’s incredibly flavourful, and unbelievably EASY. This vegan walnut cheese sauce is my new go-to for vegan queso.
With only five ingredients required and five minutes to make, I have no doubt this will quickly become your go-to as well. Guaranteed!
So how does this one stand out from the rest?
- It’s absolutely mouth watering. Yes, many cheese sauces are.
- No pre-soaking needed if you’ve got a decent blender!
- No chopping or cooking of any kind. (Quite possibly my favourite part.)
- It’s completely versatile, you may adjust to your taste.
- No weird ingredients!
- Ready in FIVE MINUTES or less! No joke, this sauce is ready in no time at all.
How to use walnut cheese sauce
You may use this sauce in any way you’d use queso, but one of my favourite ways is Nachos, of course. 😉
More ideas for this incredible cheese sauce:
- drizzle it on some bbq’d corn on the cob
- pour it into tacos or burritos
- stir it into chili
- drown your poutine in it
- drizzle it over Mexican stuffed peppers
- top your baked potatoes
- or truly just grab a spoon and chow down
I’m not even embarrassed to admit that the first time I made it, I couldn’t help myself and devoured it solo.
If you enjoy this cheesy recipe, which I know you will, you may also want to check out some of these!
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese [Vegan + Oil Free]
- How to Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- I Can’t Believe It’s Vegan Poutine
- Three Cheese Vegan Lasagna – Gluten Free
- Vegan Cheesecake Squares w/ Salted Caramel & Apple Walnut Topping
- 1 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup warm water plus an optional extra tablespoon or two for desired consistency
- Using a kettle or small pot, heat at least a cup or two of fresh water since some will evaporate.
- Then add all the ingredients with 3/4 cup of the warm water to your blender and process until smooth and creamy. It will take about a minute for the walnuts to fully break down and become smooth. If necessary, turn off your blender and start again until desired texture is reached. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if preferred. If you like a thinner sauce, add an additional 1-2 tablespoons of warm water and reblend.