Beets can make any dish vibrant and inviting with their naturally bright pigment. Plus they are loaded with fiber and vitamin C, and very low in calories. This creamy beet soup has a ton of vitamins and minerals, and is chock-full of delicious flavour.
Whenever it rains out, or the weather turns a little chilly, I love nothing more than a hot bowl of soup. I find it particularly comforting to opt for a creamy option. This particular gloomy day resulted in this yummy creamy beet soup.
Did I mention how easy and fast this soup is to prepare? No need to finely slice and dice any veggies. They will all get pureed later anyhow. This really cuts down on prep time. Just roughly chop all of your veggies and toss them in your pot with the broth. Then bring to a boil, and cook until fork tender. Next, you’ll puree your soup, and of course, enjoy! I use my immersion blender to puree my soups to save the step of transferring to a blender. (If you do not have an immersion blender, you may use a regular blender.) …and VOILA dinner is served.
I serve each bowl of this creamy beet soup with a spoon of dairy free cashew cream and extra dill. The cashew cream adds more “creaminess” for a velvety and delicious texture.
You may also try serving with some chili flakes if you’d like to add some kick.
Want more beet recipes? Try these!
- 1 yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed & roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled & roughly chopped
- 1.5 lbs beets approx 8 small beets, peeled & quartered
- 3.5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk or milk of choice
- Optional Garnishes: extra dill & cashew cream
- Add everything except the milk and lemon juice to a sauce pan and bring to a medium boil. Let cook for 20-25 minutes until beets are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice and using an immersion blender, puree the soup.
- Stir in the milk and serve your beet soup garnished with dairy free cashew cream and more dill if desired.