Cauliflower buffalo wings are super flavourful with just the right amount of heat. Soft and tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. These bite sized appetizers are perfect for game day and party platters! Bonus, they’re gluten free, dairy free, and even oil free!
Why I love these cauliflower buffalo wings.
- They’re so close to the real deal! You’ll be pleasantly surprised by how good they are, I mean, truly, they are super tasty! Now to be clear, they are cauliflower bites, and no, cauliflower is not meat and does not taste like meat. You probably can’t fool your friends into thinking these are chicken wings. BUT, these “wings” are so so flavourful of its own accord.
- The calorie and fat content is MUCH lower than traditional wings. Plus, they’re baked and not fried, so they’re so much healthier. No guilty feelings needed if you decided to devour the tray all by yourself.
- It’s truly a recipe that everyone can enjoy. Whether you’re whole food plant based, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, omnivore, or carnivore, you will love these. I’ve made them multiple times for meat eaters, and they are always a HUGE WIN!
How do you make cauliflower buffalo wings?
Start by washing and cutting your cauliflower into small, bite sized florets. You want the size to be roughly the same as traditional wings. Place the cut up cauliflower in a large bowl and prepare the batter in a separate bowl.
Now pour the batter over your cauliflower bites and mix well until evenly coated. Then place them in a single layer on a large baking tray, lined with parchment paper.
Now don’t just dump your cauliflower on the baking tray. If there is extra batter at the bottom of your bowl, you don’t want a pool of that batter on your tray. To avoid having them stick together, place your cauliflower bites on the tray one at a time. Bake for 20 minutes in your preheated oven, flipping once at the halfway point.
While the cauliflower is baking, prepare your buffalo sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small sauce pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavours to blend nicely. Then remove the cauliflower from the oven and coat your “wings” with the buffalo sauce. I use a silicone brush to coat them, or you may transfer the bites to a bowl and toss with the sauce.
Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, flipping once around the halfway point. I know it may seem tedious to flip them each individually, but it will give them a crispier coating this way.
Serve your cauliflower buffalo wings with some homemade ranch dressing for dipping, and enjoy!
Add some carrot and celery sticks to your platter for the full pub like experience. 😉
More favourite “snacky” recipes!
- Sweet & Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
- Sweet Potato Fries & – Baked not Fried!
- Vegan Nachos – Easy & Gluten Free
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip [Vegan+Oil Free]
- White Bean Protein Crackers [Oil Free Option]
- Black Bean Chips – Gluten Free
Buffalo Wing Sauce Ingredients
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
Optional Dipping Sauce
- 1 recipe dairy free ranch dressing
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place your cut up cauliflower in a large bowl. Then in a separate bowl, combine your flour and all the seasonings and mix to combine. Then add the milk and mix well to make your batter. Now pour the batter into your bowl with the cauliflower and mix well to evenly coat each piece.
- Place your coated cauliflower on your prepared baking tray, one at a time, in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes. Flip once at the halfway point.
- Meanwhile, prepare your buffalo wing sauce by adding all its ingredients to a small sauce pan. Whisk to combine and simmer over medium heat 3-5 minutes, allowing the flavours to combine.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven, and coat the bites in your buffalo sauce. I use a silicone brush to brush each piece of cauliflower with a generous amount of the sauce. Then return to the oven for 10-15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- Serve with dairy free homemade ranch, if using.