I love making my own dressings and dips. The store bought ones always tend to have overly processed, and unpronounceable ingredients in them. As a general rule, I try not to buy anything that has ingredients I can’t pronounce. So this easy to make ranch dip is a great option for any of you sharing that sentiment. 🙂
What goes in homemade ranch dressing?
This simple recipes uses only 7 ingredients (plus water), most of which are seasoning.
- cashews provide rich, creamy texture
- lime juice for tang
- salt + pepper
That’s all you need!
Just soak your cashews in hot water for about 15 minutes, then drain them and add to your blender. Toss in all the remaining ingredients and process until smooth and creamy, which will take around 15-20 seconds. I use my Vitamix but if you’re using a regular blender, just let it run a little longer to ensure there are no loose cashew bits.
Refrigerate the dip for at least an hour before serving as it does taste best chilled. If you’re in a hurry, go ahead an use at room temperature. This dip is a great make ahead option as it may be refrigerated for 4-5 days.
What to dip with dairy free ranch dressing?
Use your homemade ranch in any way you’d use store bought ranch dressing. Toss some into your salad, dunk raw veggie sticks, chips, or crackers. Or try one of my personal favourites, dunk your Cauliflower Buffalo Wings in this delicious, creamy dip.
More favourite dips!
- 3 Minute Easy Guacamole
- Beautiful Beet Hummus
- Easy Dairy Free Sour Cream (Cashew Cream)
- Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Cheese Sauce [SPICY]
- Oil Free Cowboy Caviar Dip
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lime
- Place your cashews in a small heat proof bowl or pot and cover with boiling hot water. Soak for 15 minutes. Then drain and add to your blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to your blender and process on high until pureed and creamy.
- Store in an air tight container in your fridge for 1 hour before serving.