Learn how to make this easy vegan ranch dip with pantry ingredients and a blender. All you need is 5 minutes for this creamy, dreamy, cashew ranch dip that you’ll want to use to dunk everything!
This recipe was originally published in October 2019. It has been updated for content and photos.
Use this amazing vegan ranch dip or dressing for dunking raw veggies, Buffalo cauliflower, and so much more!
It’s SO much better than store-bought vegan ranch dressings!
Why you’ll love it
- The flavour is absolutely incredible, using the perfect blend of spices.
- Far healthier than store-bought vegan salad dressing and dip. As a general rule, I try and avoid products with ingredients I can’t pronounce. 😉 Plus, my version doesn’t start with vegan mayo (or Vegenaise), which is loaded with oil!
- Extra creamy, thanks to raw cashews, all while keeping this oil-free. (But don’t confuse oil-free with fat-free.)
- Easy to make! All you need is a good blender and some pantry staples.
- It’s naturally vegan and gluten-free, with a nut-free option!
- Keeps refrigerated for up to 7 days, or freeze small portions to use periodically.
Ingredients + Substitutions
This easy vegan ranch dip requires just 7 ingredients (plus water).
- Cashews: Use raw cashews that have not been roasted or salted. This is what makes the vegan ranch dip EXTRA creamy.
- Lime: The lime juice provides a slight tang and citrusy flavour. If you don’t have limes on hand, you may use lemon juice or apple cider vinegar instead, with similar results.
- Spices: I’ve got (in my humble opinion) the PERFECT blend of seasoning to give your dip a delicious ranch flavour. But feel free to add more spices like parsley, onion powder, or dried chives, if you’d like.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Add all the ingredients to your blender. (photo 1)
Then process until completely smooth. (photo 2)
NOTE: If you do not have a powerful blender (like a Vitamix), soaked cashews will be much easier to blend.
Transfer the blended vegan ranch dip to a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer. If you don’t have time to wait, you may enjoy it straight away, but it tastes best when chilled.
How to use it
Here are some of my favourite ways to use this fantastic dairy-free ranch dip.
- Dip raw veggies like carrots, celery sticks, grape tomatoes and cucumber slices.
- Use it to dunk your homemade Buffalo cauliflower wings or this “cheesy” roasted cauliflower.
- Serve with crackers, chips, or crusty garlic bread.
- Spread it onto burgers or wraps.
- Use it to dip your pizza crusts, french fries, carrot fries, chickpea nuggets or potato wedges.
- Make it a dairy-free ranch dressing with 1-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to thin it out, then toss it with your favourite salad.
Can I make this nut free?
Here are a couple of ways to make this vegan ranch recipe nut-free.
If you can’t have nuts, use raw sunflower seeds or pepitas to replace the cashews and make this nut-free. These options work very well, with very little difference in texture and flavour.
If you can’t have nuts AND seeds, use white cannellini beans to replace the nuts and/or seeds, however, you’ll need to reduce the water since the beans naturally have more moisture. This option will also reduce the calories and fat if that is your goal.
It eliminates the need to presoak your nuts or seeds and quickly processes them into a smooth consistency.
If you don’t have a strong enough blender, make sure to soak your cashews first.
This vegan ranch dip keeps refrigerated in a sealed container for up to 7 days.
Freeze in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Once thawed, you may need to give it a quick mix in case of any separation.
You may also freeze the dip in an ice cube tray for manageable portions to use as needed. Once solid, pop them out and store them in a container or ziptop bag. (Don’t leave them in the ice cube trays, or they will get freezer burn.)
- If you do not have a powerful blender, soak your cashews in boiling hot water for 20-30 minutes. Then drain them before blending.
- For ranch dressing, add an additional 1-3 tablespoons of water to thin it out to your liking. OR add 1-3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Once blended, taste and add more salt or other seasonings, if preferred.
More delicious vegan dips!
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water plus 1-2 tablespoons if you prefer it thinner
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl or container and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.