This is for all you basil lovers! This green goddess salad dressing is loaded with fresh basil, some tang, and a lot of creaminess! If you’ve got a ton of basil growing in your garden that you don’t know what to do with, you should definitely try this salad dressing recipe. Every spring I plant a ton of basil in my garden because there’s really nothing quite like fresh herbs. Think about ALL the homemade pesto that results from it! I’ve been making a version of this salad dressing for years and years, but at one time it contained a ton of oil. So I’ve modified the recipe to make it even healthier, to share with you all! This beautiful green dressing not only adds a splash of bright colour to your salads, but it tastes AMAZING! It’s always very well received!
How do you make green goddess salad dressing?
This healthy dressing is super simple to make, requires only 7 simple ingredients and a blender. I use my Vitamix but any powerful blender will do. Just add all the ingredients and process until smooth and creamy. It’s easy, delicious, completely wholesome and contains ZERO artificial ingredients compared to many of the store bought options. PLUS there’s no oil, no refined sugar, it’s gluten free (many store bought dressings and sauces contain gluten) and absolutely gorgeous in colour. Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below.
It gets better!
This gorgeous dressing doubles as a dip. Don’t limit yourself to salads. This sauce works well with a veggies and cracker tray as well! To use this as a dip, use a little less water for a thicker, more “dippable” consistency. Seriously, a crowd pleaser. Give it a try!
Want more homemade salad dressing or dip recipes?
Check out some of these!
- Creamy Butter Bean Salad Dressing
- Vegan Cobb Salad with Tangy Cheesy Dressing
- Coleslaw Salad w/ Oil Free Thai Peanut Dressing
- Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Berry Basil Dressing
- Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip [V+GF]
- Oil Free Dillicious White Bean Dip
- Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Oil Free Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Add everything to blender and process until smooth and creamy. Add more water if a thinner consistency is preferred. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 4 weeks.