This simple dressing recipe comes together very quickly, as there’s no need to toast the sesame seeds first! If a deeper flavour is desired, however, you may roast them in the oven, or toast on stove top in a large skillet first.
Unlike store bought dressing and sauces, this homemade tahini contains, only real ingredients.
- sesame seeds (hulled for smoother consistency)
- salt, optional
- garlic powder, optional
How to make homemade tahini
Just add the untoasted (or toasted if deeper flavour is desired) seasme seeds to your food processor or blender. Then process until smooth. Does it get simpler than this?
Once smooth, you may add the salt and garlic powder, if using, and process to combine.
How to use your tahini
You can top anything your heart desires with this rich and creamy dressing.
Or go for something traditional like these delicious Falafel.
- 2 cups sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt optional
- pinch garlic powder optional
- Add the sesame seeds to a blender or food processor and process until smooth and creamy. This may take anywhere from 5-10 minutes depending on your equipment.
- Once smooth, add the salt and garlic powder if using and process to combine. Serve with all your favourite dishes.