Pulled jackfruit nachos are AMAZING for pub night at home. The homemade BBQ sauce gives the jackfruit that smokey meaty flavour and truly resembles pulled pork!
Pulled jackfruit is so easy to make and can be used in a huge variety of dishes. I went for pulled jackfruit nachos this time, but this recipe would also make delicious tacos, burritos or a plain ol sandwich!
We had a family get together recently and I finally took the plunge to try jackfruit, something I’ve been wanting to try for quite some time. We were all BLOWN AWAY by the amazing flavour and texture.
It may not look appetizing fresh out of it’s can. But, don’t let that discourage you. The end result is nothing short of AMAZING.
Shred the jackfruit by pulling apart the pieces with two forks or your hands.
Then sauté the shredded jackfruit in a little oil, add the homemade BBQ sauce. Let that simmer and reduce.
It may look a little watery at first, but it will reduce. Let the BBQ sauce simmer, and the jackfruit will absorb the delicious sauce. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
The end result will look something like this.
Then assemble your nachos using your vegan pulled pork and all your favourite toppings.
More delicious jackfruit recipes
- Vegan Chicken Soup w/ Jackfruit & Potato
- BBQ Jackfruit Pizza [Vegan] – Instant Pot Option
- Pulled Jackfruit Burritos Instant Pot or Stove Top
- 1 can young green jackfruit drained & rinsed (Make sure the canned jackfruit is in water, not syrup)
- 1 tsp grape seed oil
- 220g bag multigrain tortilla chips
- your favourite nacho toppings
- Make your bbq sauce by adding all the ingredients to a small sauce pan and whisking together. Bring the sauce to a simmer over medium low heat and cook for 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove seeds from jackfruit and pull apart with your hands or using 2 forks. It will shred very easily resembling the texture of pulled pork.
- Add the oil and jackfruit to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then add your bbq sauce and let simmer. The jackfruit will absorb the sauce as it cooks. This will take about 5 minutes.