The absolute best appetizer to bring to your next potluck! Not only is this beet hummus beautiful in colour and texture, but the flavour cannot be beet. Ha, see what I did there?
Plus who doesn’t love an easy recipe? My favourite recipes typically involve a food processor. 🙂
How do you make beet hummus?
Quickly cook your beets by adding them to a sauce pan covered in water. Boil until fork tender, just enough to get them to easily purée in a food processor. Then drain and add to your food processor, along with all remaining ingredients.
Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add more or less water to achieve desired consistency.
I find the texture of this beet hummus so perfectly “dippable”. Is that a word? It should be! It’s just perfect. Give it a try! Serve with warmed up pitas sliced into triangle wedges, or with veggie sticks or crackers. You may even use this hummus to top your next salad for a delicious, healthy, and protein packed dressing.
If you’re feeling fancy, use this hummus to top your next burger!
Just look how this beautiful beet hummus brightens up the plate. Yum! The combo of the beet hummus with my Sweet Potato Bean Burger is absolutely incredible. Give them both a try! As usual, I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
More delicious beet recipes
- Pink Beet Pancakes [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Baked Beet Chips with Cashew Cream
- Creamy Beet Soup with Dill & Cashew Cream
- Roasted Beets with Thyme
- 2 small beets peeled & quartered
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil or water if avoiding oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add the beets to a small sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil, cooking until fork tender, approx 20 minutes.
- Add the beets and all remaining ingredients to a food processor, and process until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Serve with pita, veggies, or crackers, enjoy!