Plus who doesn’t love an easy recipe? My favourite recipes typically involve a food processor. 🙂
How do you make beet hummus?
Quickly cook your beets by adding them to a sauce pan covered in water. Boil until fork tender, just enough to get them to easily purée in a food processor. Then drain and add to your food processor, along with all remaining ingredients.
Process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Add more or less water to achieve desired consistency.
I find the texture of this beet hummus so perfectly “dippable”. Is that a word? It should be! It’s just perfect. Give it a try! Serve with warmed up pitas sliced into triangle wedges, or with veggie sticks or crackers. You may even use this hummus to top your next salad for a delicious, healthy, and protein packed dressing.
If you’re feeling fancy, use this hummus to top your next burger!
Just look how this beautiful beet hummus brightens up the plate. Yum!
The combo of the beet hummus with my Sweet Potato Bean Burger is absolutely incredible.
More delicious dip recipes
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Oil Free Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Peanut Butter Hummus
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 2 small beets peeled & quartered
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil or water if avoiding oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add the beets to a small sauce pan covered in water and bring to a boil, cooking until fork tender, approx 20 minutes.
- Add the beets and all remaining ingredients to a food processor, and process until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Serve with pita, veggies, or crackers, enjoy!