Peanut butter lovers rejoice! Here’s a fun and delicious peanut butter recipe for you, peanut butter hummus! Just think of your favourite Thai peanut sauce combined with hummus. Um, yes please!
I LOVE all things peanut butter, especially when the peanut butter is homemade.
It’s one of those ingredients that just makes things better. And that is definitely the case here with my peanut butter hummus!
What is peanut butter hummus?
Traditional hummus uses tahini, aka sesame butter, so I thought, why not sub for peanut butter?
The result is truly incredible. I think this is my favourite hummus EVER. I know, bold statement, but it’s true.
Not only do I sub tahini for peanut butter here. But I also use some Thai inspired spices and flavours to make this a truly unique and delicious dip.
Think of this as a cross between your favourite Thai peanut sauce, and the best hummus ever. 🙂
How do you make peanut butter hummus?
This recipe takes only 5 minutes to make! It uses:
- peanut butter
- lime juice
- tamari (you may sub for soy sauce if not avoiding gluten)
- maple syrup
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- cayenne pepper
Just add all the ingredients to your food processor and process until smooth and creamy. That’s it!
Then serve with your favourite veggies, crackers, or just grab a spoon! Yes, it’s that good. 🙂
More peanut butter recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Chickpea Cookies
- Thai Peanut Chickpea Soup Instant Pot
- and check out several more after the recipe card below! Enjoy!
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and combined.
- Optional: Serve sprinkled with an extra sprinkle of cayenne pepper or paprika if desired.