Sweet, caramel-ly air fryer pineapple! An absolutely perfect healthier dessert or side dish that you’ll want to devour. Simple to make, with just 4 ingredients required and ready in under 20 minutes.
Serve this delicious treat on the side of your main course, or use it as a healthier dessert option. It’s so satisfying, either way! It’s similar to grilled pineapple, but no need to fire up the grill!
This incredible roasted pineapple dish is inspired by my air fried baked apples and pairs well with this smoky chickpea meatloaf or a scoop of ice cream.
All you need is four ingredients (or 3, if you skip the optional butter).
- Pineapple: Use fresh, not canned or frozen, for best flavour and results.
- Maple syrup: Use pure maple syrup to keep this dessert refined sugar free. Or use another liquid sweetener of choice.
- Butter: Although optional, the butter adds a higher depth of flavour. If you’re avoiding fat, skip it.
- Cinnamon: Adds depth of flavour, but if you’re not a fan of cinnamon, skip it. It’s not crucial to the outcome.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Peel, core and slice your pineapple. Place in a mixing bowl and set aside.
Then combine the butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl and pour it over the pineapple slices. (photos 1-2)
Gently mix to evenly coat the slices and arrange them in a single layer in your fryer basket. (photos 3-4)
Air fry the pineapple for about 12-15 minutes, until golden and caramelized, flipping at the halfway point.
Then serve warm or cool and enjoy.
We use a Ninja Foodi 8 quart but any model with a basket will work for this recipe.
However, since individual models will cook at different temperatures and speeds, check on your pineapple often, starting around the 10 minute mark, and continue cooking until golden brown and caramelized.
In the unlikely event there are leftovers, store them in the fridge for 2-3 days in a sealed container.
You may reheat for 1-2 minutes in your fryer or toaster oven but watch carefully.
- Don’t dump the pineapple slices into your fryer basket. Instead, spoon them in one at a time to avoid breaking them, and prevent excess liquid from dripping down below your basket and smoking.
More delicious air fried recipes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 2 heaping cups sliced pineapple from approx. ½ small pineapple
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter or margarine melted, optional
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional Chili Lime Dip
- 3 tablespoons cashew cream or vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon lime juice approx. half a lime
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Peel, core and slice your pineapple and place about 2 heaping cups worth in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the melted butter, maple syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl, then pour it over your pineapple slices. Mix gently to even coat the slices.
- Then place them in a single layer (slightly overlapping is fine) in your fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, or until caramelized. Flip the pineapple once at the halfway point.
- Enjoy warm or cold, as a side dish or dessert.
- If making the chili lime dip, combine the 3 ingredients in a small bowl while your pineapple is cooking.
Super simple, yet elegantly delicious. Such an easy treat.
Glad you enjoyed Wayne. 🙂
What can one use if you do not have maple syrup
Any other liquid sweetener would be fine. Enjoy!
Thomas Risinger Jr
Many other sweet spices can replace, or be added to the cinnamon. Ground cloves is one of my combo favs. Nutmeg or Pumpkin Pie Spice mix are a couple good substitutes. ~ I’ve learned how to create my own Starbucks at home, so experimentation just comes naturally. I’ve duplicated the flavors of Rollos, Mounds, Junior Mints, Kinder Buenos, & Neapolitan ice cream — just to name a few. I even make my own creamers from sweetened condensed milk. One must be creative on a fixed income. ~ Sorghum cane syrup, molasses, honey, raw sugar are good subs for bastardized, refined sugar.
When this recipe came up, I just happened to have a fresh pineapple waiting on the counter for me to do something with it. I used half of it to make a batch of this, but used only about 1/4tsp of cinnamon, just personal taste. Well, this batch didn’t survive the day as both my partner and I would grab a piece every time we passed through the kitchen. Next day, I air fried the remainder of the pineapple, saving some to have on our bean burgers tonight. Thanks for another excellent recipe!
Yay! Thrilled you enjoyed it, Kate. Thanks very much for the review. 🙂
If you don’t have an air fryer could you use a convection oven and would the baking directions be the same? Thank you.
Yes, that should work fine, just watch carefully towards the end of cooking. Enjoy! 🙂
An air fryer is essentially a convection oven, just smaller. It uses air the same way a bigger convection oven does. Not sure about the times and tempature though. I’d assume it’d be close to the same. I’d say try it and just keep an eye on the pineapple.
convection oven work for this ?
Hi Marv, should work fine in the oven, just watch carefully to prevent overcooking. Enjoy!
Made & loved this!
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing Pam.
Can you use frozen pineapple?
For best tasting results, fresh pineapple works best.