Garlicky, crispy and slightly spicy air fryer broccoli is delicious and completely addictive. It’s a fun way to switch up your broccoli routine and ready in less than 15 minutes!
This absolutely delicious air fryer broccoli tastes like roasted broccoli, but ready in a fraction of the time!
There’s something quite magical about air frying that can turn your most basic vegetables into absolute deliciousness. Just like my Buffalo cauliflower, this air fried broccoli comes out crispy and flavourful. No mushiness like you might get by boiling.
Why you’ll love it!
- It’s crispy and tastes like roasted, but ready in way less time!
- Just 4 ingredients needed, plus an optional 5th.
- A simple side dish you can add to practically any main meal.
- So much flavour, even though there are only a few ingredients.
- Naturally vegan, gluten free, soy free, allergen free, and easily made without oil, too!
How to make it
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Gather your ingredients. All you need is broccoli, some seasoning, and oil, if using.
NOTE: To make without oil, sub for an equal amount of vegetable broth in its place, with similar results.
Cut your broccoli into small florets and place them in a bowl. Then add the oil OR vegetable broth and the seasoning. Mix well to evenly coat the pieces. (photos 1-3)
Transfer the coated broccoli into your basket. Then air fry at 380 degrees F for 7-9 minutes. (photos 4-5)
Serve with vegan Parmesan cheese, extra chili flakes, or lemon wedges, if desired.
How long does it keep?
Your air fryer broccoli tastes best when freshly made. However, leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You may reheat in your fryer, toaster oven, or regular oven until heated through.
I don’t recommend freezing this one.
What to serve with your broccoli
- Use it as a side dish to serve with chickpea meatloaf, black bean burgers, pasta and vegan meatballs, or virtually any main dish.
- Top your mac and cheese or Alfredo pasta.
- Use it for dunking into some spicy, cheesy dip.
- Or add some to your buddha bowls.
What kind of air fryer do I need?
Like most air fried recipes, you can make this air fryer broccoli in any model, including an Instant Pot with crisper/air frying lid.
I use a Ninja Foodi 8qt, but there is plenty of extra space, so a smaller model would work great, as well.
If you have a toaster oven style, skip the step of adding water below the basket.
As always, different models will cook at different speeds, so make sure to start checking on your broccoli after 6-7 minutes or so, and continue cooking until desired brownness is reached.
- Cut the florets into even sized, small pieces for the best texture and even cooking.
- Powdered garlic is less likely to burn then fresh, so it’s best not to sub for fresh garlic.
- If you have a basket style fryer, make sure to add water below the basket before air frying. This will stop the broccoli from smoking during cooking, as well as prevent any bitterness.
- Do not overcook the broccoli, as it tastes best when slightly crispy, but also browned. So start checking on it around the 6-7 minute mark.
More delicious air fried recipes
- Air Fried Carrots [Two Ways!]
- Healthy Air Fried Eggplant
- Air Fried Home Fries [Oil Free Option]
- Air Fried Hash Browns From Scratch
- Air Fried Butternut Squash [Two Ways!]
- Spaghetti Squash Air Fried [Healthy+Low Cal]
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 4 cups broccoli florets approx. 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or your choice sub for vegetable broth for no oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes optional, but recommended
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese optional
- lemon wedges optional
- Cut your broccoli into small florets and add them to a bowl. Drizzle with the oil or vegetable broth and sprinkle with the seasoning. Mix well to evenly coat the broccoli.
- Add a quarter cup of water to the bottom of your air fryer, below the basket. This will stop the broccoli from smoking and prevent them from getting bitter. Then add the broccoli to your basket and air fry at 380 degrees F for 7-9 minutes, until desired brownness is reached. Give your broccoli a stir, or shake your basket around the halfway point.
- Serve your broccoli with lemon wedges or sprinkled with vegan Parmesan cheese, if desired.