Pumpkin black bean burgers are jam packed with nutrients, perfectly moist, and oh so flavourful! These delicious patties offer a hearty bite combined with the natural sweetness from pureéd pumpkin that is really just mouth watering! Best part? SUPER simple to make. Try these, you won’t regret it! I’ve tried several black bean burgers in the past, and they all seem to have one thing in common, they’re quite dry. Especially in an oil free, baked vs. fried version. The pumpkin in this burger really solves that problem and keeps this patty moist and delicious!
How do you make pumpkin black bean burgers?
This recipe is so simple to make! It doesn’t require much prep, there’s no chopping and no precooking of any ingredients. They are truly ideal for busy weeknights and come together very quickly! Just toss all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until combined. Scrape down the sides as needed, and do not over process. A little chunk is perfectly fine, you don’t want these to get too mushy. Once your ingredients are processed, divide the batter into 4 patties and bake!
Do not overcook these black bean burgers to prevent them from drying out. About 20-25 minutes is just what they need. When the edges appear to be cracking as shown below, but the centers are softer, they are ready. Remove from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving, to allow them to firm up a bit.
While the burgers are baking, slice up some fresh tomato, pickles, red onion, or any of your favourite burger toppings. At this time you can also prepare the optional spicy mayo listed in the recipe below. Or, you can even whip up some of this simple 3 minute guac to top these delicious bad boys. Load up all your favourite toppings on a soft bun, or you may skip the bun if you’re avoiding extra carbs.
If you enjoy this amazing black bean burger, you’d definitely also like these!
- Sweet Potato Bean Burgers
- Vegan “Chicken” Burgers – I’ve been told by many people that these TRULY resemble and taste like chicken. (A line I typically hate, “It tastes like chicken”, but this time it just might be true!
Spicy Mayo (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add all the patty ingredients to a food processor and process until well combined, stopping to scrape down the sides if needed. Do not over process, a few chunky pieces is fine.
- Divide your mixture into 4 patties and bake for 20-25 minutes. Do not overcook or they will get dry. The burgers are ready when they start to look cracked around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- Top your burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickles, red onion or Guacamole if desired.