Strawberry season means strawberry jam! In this case, NO COOK strawberry jam. We love picking strawberries every June and making all things strawberry for days. Fresh farm picked Ontario strawberries make the absolute BEST strawberry jam. This recipe is so simple, requires no cooking, and is made up of only 3 ingredients! It is seriously fool proof.
This recipe can easily be doubled or more. I usually triple the recipe (at a minimum) in order to have enough jam to last for several months. Plus some extra jars to give away. Make as few or as many batches as you like. This simple jam recipe is perfect on toast or in a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But don’t limit yourself there! This also tastes AMAZING as an ice cream topping, or to garnish your favourite baked dessert, like these decadent gluten free Chocolate Avocado Brownies.
So, to make this easy, delicious, no cook strawberry jam, simply wash your strawberries. Then mash them but do NOT puree your strawberries. The jam should have several chunks of strawberries throughout. I use a potato masher in a large bowl to get some larger chunks of strawberries.
Then add the sugar and let it sit, and then add the pectin, and let it sit some more. Store your jam in airtight jars and freeze until ready for use. Store any opened jars in your refrigerator.
- 4 cups strawberries washed & smashed - I use a potato masher, do not puree!
- 1 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 50 g fruit pectin
- In a large bowl add the smashed strawberries and the sugar. Mix until well combined and allow the mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Next add the fruit pectin and mix well. Let sit for 1 more minute.
- Divide the jam into air tight jars and freeze.