All you need is 4 ingredients for the fluffiest vegan pancakes ever! So simple for a quick breakfast, with just 1 bowl required and prepped in less than 5 minutes. They’re fluffy, sweet and absolutely SCRUMPTIOUS!
This recipe was originally published in March 2019. It has been updated for content and photos.
Your search for the best vegan pancakes is over. Whip up this simple recipe in no time at all, even on weekdays!
Just four basic ingredients with no unnecessary fill ins, so you can customize and top to your liking.
If pancakes are your thing, I also highly recommend checking out this collection of the best vegan pancakes ever. From blender pancakes, to fruit filled, to chocolate chip, and even savoury options, this collection has got it all.
But if you’re still with me on a basic fluffy pancake, read on!
Why you’ll love these!
- Super fluffy!
- Allergen friendly. No eggs, no nuts and no dairy.
- Accidentally vegan! (In fact, my niece’s exact words were “they look too good to be vegan.”)
- Refined sugar free. With only 1 tablespoon of OPTIONAL coconut sugar in the entire batch.
- Easy to make, just a few ingredients needed and ready in no time!
How to make the fluffiest vegan pancakes ever!
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Add all your ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir to combine, without over mixing. (photos 1-2)
Use a ladle to scoop your batter onto a preheated griddle or pan, making pancakes that are approx. 4 inches in diameter. Cook until several bubbles appear on the surface, approx. 3-4 minutes. Then flip and continue to cook through. (photos 3-4)
NOTE: Do not over mix your pancake batter. A few lumps are perfectly fine.
Serve with all your favourite toppings and enjoy!!
How to top them?
- If you’re avoiding processed sugar, load them up with fresh fruit and skip the syrup.
- For a sweet tooth, use maple syrup, or this delicious homemade Nutella.
- These pancakes also pair well with blueberry chia jam.
- Or enjoy them plain, they’re that good!
You bet. I’ve tested these with white, whole wheat and a half and half blend. All options work beautifully.
Not always. But this version is very low in sugar, using minimal ingredients, so I’d argue that this is a healthier pancake option. Especially if opting for whole wheat flour.
These taste best when freshly made (like most pancake recipes). However, you may refrigerate leftovers to enjoy within 1-2 days. Just pop them in the toaster to reheat.
Yes, these freeze well. Make sure they’re completely cooled to room temperature first. Then freeze in an air tight, freezer safe container or zip top bag. Reheat from frozen in your toaster for quick and easy breakfasts all week.
What to serve with pancakes?
If you’re planning a big breakfast or brunch, here’s some great dishes to serve with these fluffy vegan pancakes.
- Air Fryer Hash Browns
- Banana Walnut Smoothie
- Healthy Iced Mochaccino
- Vegan Hash Brown Casserole
- Air Fryer Home Fries
- Do not over mix your pancake batter. If there are a few lumps, that’s perfectly okay. Don’t be tempted to mix until perfectly smooth as this may alter the texture of your pancakes.
- Preheat your pan or griddle. It should be hot before pouring your pancake batter to prevent sticking and for even cooking.
- Use medium heat to cook your pancakes. Although your pan should be hot, that doesn’t mean you should use high heat. This may result in uneven cooking, with crisp outsides and mushy middles.
- Flip your pancakes ONCE. Bubbles will appear on the surface of your pancakes soon after cooking, but wait until there are several bubbles and your pancake has cooked for at least 3-4 minutes before flipping. Flipping too often can cause them to deflate and lose their wonderful fluffiness.
More amazing pancake recipes
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Lentil Banana Protein Pancakes
- Blender Banana Spinach Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Lentil Spinach Savoury Pancakes
- Pink Beet Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Add the flour, sugar and baking powder to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Then add the milk and vanilla and mix until combined, without over mixing.
- Heat your non stick griddle over medium heat and once hot, ladle your batter to make pancakes that are approx. 4 inches in diameter. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until several bubbles form on top. Then flip and cook the other side for another 3-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with maple syrup or fresh fruit and enjoy.