Weekends are for pancakes! I don’t know about you, but I just love a fluffy pancake on a Saturday or Sunday morning. These peanut butter pancakes are delicious and fluffy, without the guilt of refined sugar. Oh, and did I mention gluten free? Making it a perfect choice for those with gluten intolerances. It’s the best of all worlds, really! Just try them!
I make these pancakes quite regularly. They’re a huge hit in my house. Sometimes I sub the peanut butter for another filler, like blueberries, shredded coconut, or banana. You can definitely experiment with this one for a new creation each time. Just keep the base ingredients the same, and try a different filler each week!
I use a nonstick griddle to make mine, since I’m often making a double batch. It’s just faster that way. If you don’t have one, 1-2 skillets will work just fine. Just make sure to grease them if they are not a non-stick type of pan. Once you’ve made your flour from the oats and seeds, you may use a mixer to combine the remaining ingredients. Or you may also do this by hand with a whisk and a large bowl if you prefer.
Want more pancakes recipes? I’ve got plenty!
Hope you enjoy these vegan and gluten free peanut butter pancakes. I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
- Turn on your non stick griddle and allow it to get hot.
- Grind the steel cut oats and all the seeds in a high powered blender until it resembles a flour consistency.
- Using a mixer, combine all the ingredients (including the flour you just made). You may also do this step with a whisk and a large bowl, however, a mixer will save you time.
- Pour a small amount of batter on your hot griddle, then, with the back of the ladle, gently spread the batter out just a little so the pancake is flatter and not as thick. (This helps with even cooking through the center of your pancake).
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until bubbles appear over the surface of the pancake, and then flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until golden.
- Serve your peanut butter pancakes with sliced bananas, chocolate chips, maple syrup, strawberry jam or any of your favourite toppings!