These lentil spinach pancakes are great for breakfast, but their savoury flavours also make this a perfect dinner option. Now you and your kids can have pancakes for dinner, and there’s really nothing to feel guilty about!
These savoury pancakes are packed with protein and they taste great too. Best of all, they are quick and easy to make on a busy week night. Bonus, they are naturally gluten free, sugar free, vegan and oil free! Shall we?
How to make lentil spinach pancakes
This simple recipe is perfect for your busy weeknights. It’s quick and easy to prepare.
Just soak your lentils in hot water for 30 minutes. Then drain them and add to your blender, along with all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the spinach.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine your finely chopped spinach with the pancake batter and mix well.
That’s it, batter complete! Now time cook your delicious savoury pancakes.
Heat a non stick griddle and once HOT ladle your batter onto the griddle, making pancakes that are roughly 4″ in diameter. You should have enough batter to make about 12 pancakes.
Your pancakes are ready to flip when several bubbles form on top, and when the edges are golden and appear set. Notice how the edges of the pancake almost appear to be cracking.
If you try flipping your pancakes too soon, they may get stuck to the griddle. If they are not flipping relatively easily, cook another minute longer and try again.
Your pancakes will be ready to flip in about 3-5 minutes. Then cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes, and you’re done!
Easy recipes are my favourite! Easy recipes that my kids also enjoy, EVEN BETTER! My entire family loves pancakes, and I love feeding them pancakes that made with wholesome ingredients.
These lentil pancakes have tons of vitamins and nutrients, so it really is a winning combination. Serve your savoury pancakes with ketchup, Cayenne Spicy Dip, or enjoy solo!
If you enjoy this pancake recipe, you might also like these!
- The Easiest Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes Ever
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Banana Spinach Pancakes
- Pink Beet Pancakes [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Lentil Banana Protein Pancakes
Can you tell I heart pancakes?
- 1 cup split red lentils soaked in boiling hot water for 30 mins and then drained
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 + 1/3 cup unsweetened cashew milk or milk of choice
- 1 handful baby spinach finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Place your lentils in a heat proof bowl and cover them with boiling hot water from a kettle or stove top for 30 minutes, but DO NOT cook them. Then drain.
- Meanwhile, finely chop your spinach and green onion by hand or by using a food processor and set aside and preheat your nonstick griddle over medium/high heat.
- Add your drained lentils and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the spinach and green onion to your blender. Process until smooth. Then add the spinach and onion and blend for 1-2 seconds, just to mix the veggies in, or use a spatula to stir them in. Don't blend the veggies.
- Pour the pancake batter directly from the blender spout onto your hot griddle and make pancakes that are approx. 4 inches in diameter. If the pancakes don't spread easily, gently press down the center of the pancake with the back of a ladle or spoon to make them thin and to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the edges appear set and several bubbles have formed on top. Then flip and cook another 3-5 minutes until cooked through.