These savoury pancakes are packed with protein and they taste great too. Best of all, they are quick and easy to make on a busy week night. Bonus, they are naturally gluten free, sugar free, vegan and oil free! Shall we?
How to make lentil spinach pancakes
This simple recipe is perfect for your busy weeknights. It’s quick and easy to prepare.
Just soak your lentils in hot water for 30 minutes. Then drain them and add to your blender, along with all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT the spinach.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine your finely chopped spinach with the pancake batter and mix well.
That’s it, batter complete! Now time cook your delicious savoury pancakes.
Heat a non stick griddle and once HOT ladle your batter onto the griddle, making pancakes that are roughly 4″ in diameter. You should have enough batter to make about 12 pancakes.
Your pancakes are ready to flip when several bubbles form on top, and when the edges are golden and appear set. Notice how the edges of the pancake almost appear to be cracking.
If you try flipping your pancakes too soon, they may get stuck to the griddle. If they are not flipping relatively easily, cook another minute longer and try again.
Your pancakes will be ready to flip in about 3-5 minutes. Then cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes, and you’re done!
Easy recipes are my favourite! Easy recipes that my kids also enjoy, EVEN BETTER! My entire family loves pancakes, and I love feeding them pancakes that made with wholesome ingredients.
These lentil pancakes have tons of vitamins and nutrients, so it really is a winning combination. Serve your savoury pancakes with ketchup, Cayenne Spicy Dip, or enjoy solo!
If you enjoy this pancake recipe, you might also like these!
- The Easiest Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes Ever
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Banana Spinach Pancakes
- Pink Beet Pancakes [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Lentil Banana Protein Pancakes
Can you tell I heart pancakes?
- Place your finely chopped spinach in a medium size mixing bowl. Then add all the remaining ingredients (except spinach) to your blender and processs on high until smooth. Pour the batter into the bowl with the spinach and mix well.
- Heat a non stick griddle, and once hot, ladle your batter onto the griddle to make pancakes roughly 4" in diameter. If the pancakes don't spread easily, gently press down the center of the pancake with the back of your ladle to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until edges are golden and several bubbles appear on top. Then flip (pancakes should flip easily, if not, cook another minute longer) and cook another 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with ketchup or Spicy Cayenne Dip and enjoy.