If you have a nut allergy and I’m losing you, check out my homemade oat milk recipe instead.
How to make homemade cashew milk?
First off, invest in a nut milk bag (affiliate link)!! Yes, it’s an affiliate link, but I only endorse products that I use and truly, truly LOVE. This bag seriously changed my life. Like I said, I’ve been making this nut milk for a long time, and multiple times per week. Even though I previously thought I had mastered the method to get the creamiest milk possible, boy was I wrong.
Then pour the milk inside, lift the bag, pull the drawstring to seal the top and avoid spills and gently squeeze the milk through.
It will pass through the bag fairly quickly, and I promise this is a step you do NOT want to skip. Look at all that pulp that is NOT in my cashew milk!!
Like I said, I make this cashew milk multiple times per week, because I enjoy it in my coffee, and my two boys love to drink it, so it doesn’t last long in my house.
All this time though, there was often an unpleasant grittiness in the milk that I kept ignoring because I still loved the taste. Well, no more grittiness or residue now with this truly amazing nut milk bag!
Look at this beautifully silky smooth EASY homemade cashew milk. What are you waiting for to try this? It’s healthy, tastes AMAZING, and is SO easy to make! If you decide to grab this bag, you can also score a 10% discount by using my promo code rosa10 at checkout. Again, I only recommend products that I truly, truly love, and this bag exceeded my expectations!
Want more ways to use homemade cashew milk?
- Use it to make dairy free mac & cheese, like in my Vegan Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- It works perfectly for breakfast recipes such as my Overnight Chia Pudding or in The Easiest Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes Ever!
- And let’s not forget about desserts! Some of my favourites include this Chocolate Chip Vegan Banana Bread and these Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in boiling hot water for 30 minutes
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 dates
- Drain cashews and add them to your blender with the water and your sweetener of choice, if using, and puree until smooth.
- Using your Bigger & Better Nut Milk Bag, (or equivalent) strain the milk into a jug to remove any loose pieces and pulp so that you're left with smooth and creamy, perfect cashew milk.