Another day, another pancake recipe! This time, I’ve got lemon poppy seed pancakes for you. Starbucks has a delicious lemon poppy seed bread that I just love, so I thought a pancake version was in order. These pancakes are a little tart, a little sweet, and a lot delicious. They also happen to be perfect for all eating preferences. They’re vegan, gluten free, oil free, sugar free, and can easily be made nut free by swapping the cashew milk with any plant milk of choice. So get ready to dig in!
How do you make lemon poppy seed pancakes?
All you need is 8 ingredients (plus any toppings of choice) to make these pancakes.
- oat flour (if you don’t have oat flour, you can grind oats in a high speed blender to make some)
- poppy seeds
- baking powder
- flax eggs
- apple cider vinegar
- plant milk of choice
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another, then mix everything together and the batter is ready!
When your nonstick griddle is hot, drop scoops of batter down and spread slightly with the back of your ladle to help with even cooking. When the edges are golden brown, they’re ready to flip and cook the other side.
Then enjoy these pancakes garnished with all of your favourite toppings. I love topping pancakes with fresh berries and pure maple syrup. But you may also use shredded coconut, powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, butter or whipped cream to make it really indulgent.
If you enjoy this pancake recipe and want even more pancakes recipes, you should definitely give these a try!
- The Easiest Fluffiest Vegan Pancakes Ever
- Blueberry Pancakes – Gluten Free
- Easy Banana Spinach Pancakes
- Pink Beet Pancakes [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Lentil Spinach Pancakes [GF+Oil Free] (a perfectly acceptable dinner pancake!)
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Peanut Butter Pancakes – Dairy & Gluten Free
- Lentil Banana Protein Pancakes
- 2 cups oat flour, gluten free if preferred or all purpose flour if not avoiding gluten
- 3 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- maple syrup
- fresh strawberries
- shredded coconut
- Preheat your non stick griddle, then prepare your flax eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients, and add the flax eggs and mix well. Then pour the wet into the dry and mix until combined.
- Ladle the batter on your griddle to make your pancakes approx 4 inches in diameter. You may need to help spread the batter as it will be thick.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook another 3-5 minutes longer until edges are golden. Repeat with remaining batter.