Asparagus lemon risotto is the perfect “fancy” dish you’re looking for. No one will ever know it’s made in your hands off Instant Pot with ease! It’s comforting, tasty, slightly tangy, and so fresh tasting. The leek, lemon and asparagus pair so perfectly together for an unforgettable dish.
How do you make Instant Pot Asparagus Lemon Risotto?
Start by setting your Instant Pot to the sauté mode and add your leeks and asparagus with a tablespoon or two of water. (If you’re not avoiding oil, you may sauté with oil instead.)
Stir often, until slightly softened, adding more water if needed, to prevent sticking. Then add your rice and mix quickly.
Now pour in your wine (you may also use more broth instead, if avoiding wine) and stir continuously until absorbed.
Once absorbed, dump the broth and salt, seal the lid and cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
When the timer is complete, quick release the valve and open the lid once safe to do so.
You’ll notice it may be a little watery, don’t worry, the rice will continue to absorb the excess moisture. Add the lemon juice and give the risotto a quick stir and close the lid again for 3-5 minutes.
This time will give the rice a chance to absorb the lemon and any excess broth. Reopen the lid, stir, and serve!
This dish pairs very well with white wine, so if you’re not avoiding it, go ahead and pour yourself a glass.
If you prefer a stronger lemony flavour, add a squeeze or two of more fresh lemon over top your plate. Or serve with lemon wedges on the side so your guests can adjust to their preference. Garnish with parsley, and enjoy!
If you enjoy this delicious risotto, I encourage you to check out my Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto as well!
Or, if you want a whole grain or WFPB option, try my Instant Pot Vegetable Brown Rice Risotto.
More Favourite Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
- Perfectly Fluffy Coconut Rice – Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Unstuffed Peppers [V+GF]
- Vegan Sloppy Joes Instant Pot (Soup or Sandwich!)
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup (with Stove Top Directions)
- Instant Pot Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté and add your leek and asparagus with a tablespoon or two of water. Sauté until softened, about 3-5 minutes, adding more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Then add the rice, and quickly stir into the juices from the vegetables. Then pour in the wine and stir. Allow the rice to absorb the wine, stirring often. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Once the wine is absorbed, pour in your stock and salt, then close the lid and set the valve to the sealing position. Press cancel on your Instant Pot, and now set it to high pressure for 6 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure before beginning to count down.)
- Once the timer is complete, you may quick release the steam and open the lid once safe. Now add your lemon juice, give your rice a stir and close the lid for another 3-5 minutes to allow any excess moisture to be absorbed.
- Serve with a glass of white wine and enjoy!