Ever wonder what vegans sprinkle on their pasta or pizza? This how to guide on making vegan Parmesan cheese is the answer! So simple, so flavourful, so satisfying! Only 4 ingredients required, 2 minutes, and your food processor. Easy, simple, yummy goodness!
What is Vegan Parmesan Cheese?
Vegan Parmesan is a finely ground seasoning typically containing:
- A type of nut, in this case, raw cashews
- nutritional yeast, to provide “cheesy” flavour
- salt, for, well, saltiness…
- and I like to add a pinch of garlic powder in mine
How do you Make Vegan Parmesan Cheese?
Well, it doesn’t get much simpler than four ingredients, tossed into your food processor.
Then process until a fine meal is achieved. This may take about a minute or so to break down the raw cashews.
There you have it. Perfectly delicious, salty, “cheesy”, slightly garlicky, vegan Parmesan cheese. So simple, there’s just no reason not to try this.
The recipe makes a small portion, about 3/4 cup. If you’re anything like myself and love to cover your pasta or soups in this stuff, feel free to double or triple the recipe.
How to use Vegan Parmesan Cheese?
Well, I’ve got plenty of great options for that! Sprinkle it on your POPCORN! Or on your favourite pastas, or veggie noodles. Try some of these!
- Vegetable Bolognese Zucchini Noodles
- Veggie Pasta with Black Bean Pesto
- Penne Aglio e Olio (Pasta w/ Garlic & Oil)
- Spicy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
You can also sprinkle this delicious goodness on these Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms with Italian Style Risotto, my decadent Three Cheese Vegan Lasagna or these Italian Stuffed Peppers! Yum. Or if you’d like a lighter dish, go for these delicious Vegan Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.
What do you sprinkle your vegan parm on? I’d love your feedback in the comments below. 🙂
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until a fine meal is achieved. Serve sprinkled over your favourite dishes.