This garlic parmesan vegan roasted cauliflower is so simple to make and incredibly tasty! With just 6 ingredients you can whip up this incredible side dish that is absolutely loaded with flavour. Plus, it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
This post was originally published in June 2019. It has been updated for content and photos.
Cauliflower is one of my favourite versatile veggies. There’s not a whole lot it can’t do!
It can make pizza, rice, bolognese, steak, tacos, and wings! All of course with far fewer calories than their traditional versions.
Now I have for you an incredibly flavourful side dish you’ll want to make again and again!
Garlic parmesan vegan roasted cauliflower!
Why you’ll love these
- The marinade is MEGA flavourful and the results are cheesy and delicious.
- This simple side dish is so easy to prepare and whips up in no time.
- You’ll get nice crispy edges and perfectly tender cauliflower.
- It’s beautifully golden and pairs well with virtually anything.
- Naturally vegan, dairy-free, oil-free, (yes, even olive oil) and gluten-free, making it suitable for most dietary needs.
- LOW in calories and fat! Woohoo! 🥳
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need for this amazing, cheesy vegan roasted cauliflower.
- Cauliflower: Use a small head of cauliflower and cut it into small, bite-sized pieces. You’ll need about six cups of florets. You could also prepare this same recipe with broccoli if you prefer.
- Balsamic vinegar: Adds a sweet tangy flavour and makes up the base of the sauce.
- Lemon: For citrusy flavour and freshness. You may also add some lemon zest for extra lemon flavour. No lemons on hand? Lime juice or apple cider vinegar work well, too.
- Garlic: Use fresh over garlic powder for the best flavour.
- Vegan parmesan cheese: I use this homemade vegan parm, but you may use store-bought or any of your favourite parmesan cheese recipes.
- Salt: Adjust to your taste, or skip it if low sodium is needed.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Start by cutting your cauliflower into small florets that are bite-size and place them in a large bowl.
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour on top of the florets. (photo 1)
Mix the cauliflower well to evenly coat each piece with the marinade. (photo 2)
Arrange the cauliflower florets on a baking sheet in a single layer with plenty of space in between each piece. (photo 3)
Bake for 10 minutes, and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top and return to the oven until golden brown. (photo 4)
Serve with vegan ranch for dipping and enjoy!
This vegan roasted cauliflower tastes best when freshly made.
However, leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Reheat in your oven or toaster oven.
I don’t recommend freezing as it will drastically alter the texture in the freezer.
- Cut your cauliflower florets into evenly sized pieces (as best as you can), for even cooking.
- Make sure to arrange the cauliflower in a single layer with plenty of space in between each piece. This will speed up the cooking time, and result in crispier edges.
- If you do not have a convection oven, follow the same directions, but you may need to add a few minutes of roasting time.
More delicious vegan cauliflower recipes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets approx. 1 small cauliflower head or half large
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1.5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley for serving
- vegan ranch dip for dipping
- Preheat your oven to 425°F/218°C convection roast and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use a sharp knife to cut your cauliflower into small bite-sized florets and place them in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Then pour the mixture over your cauliflower and mix well to evenly coat the pieces.
- Arrange the cauliflower on your prepared tray in a single layer with plenty of space in between each piece. Roast for 10 minutes and remove from the oven to sprinkle with the vegan parmesan cheese. Then, return to the oven for an additional 6-8 minutes, until golden brown.
This was such a nice side dish to serve with dinner last night; my kids loved it! Perfectly crunchy and flavorful!
I love easy side dishes, especially ones like this roasted cauliflower. Our entire family enjoyed this one!
Roasted cauliflower is so good but this went up a notch with the balsamic and vegan parmesan. Yum!
This was so delicious and beautiful! Yum!
Roasted veggies are my favorite and this was such a delicious combo of flavors!
Cauliflower is a favourite at my house so we had to make this recipe. Tried it for the family’s dinner last night and it was delicious – enjoyed by all!
Thanks so much Patti! Glad you enjoyed. 🙂
I love this roasted cauliflower! YUM