Air fryer mushrooms are the perfect side dish or salad topping. Bursting with umami flavour, just 4 ingredients needed and ready in about 10 minutes! Learn how to make this healthy side dish with NO oil required.
It doesn’t get simpler than an easy recipe with little prep and only 4 ingredients needed, right?
These mushrooms are PERFECT for all the mushroom lovers, like myself. 😉 Enjoy them solo or topped on a salad or burrito bowl.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Just FOUR ingredients needed.
- Super quick and easy. No complicated ingredients or steps at all.
- Naturally low in calories, low in fat, diet friendly, allergen friendly, vegan and vegetarian, and NO oil required!
- So flavourful and delicious!
Which mushrooms should I use?
I like cremini for this recipe, but white button mushrooms or sliced portobello also work well.
Which air fryer do I need?
Just note that different models will vary in cook time, so make sure to start checking on them around the 8 minute mark.
How to make it
(This is a summary with step-by-step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Gather your ingredients, you’ll only need few.
Clean and dry your mushrooms before you begin. Then slice them in half and place inside a mixing bowl. (photo 1)
Add all remaining ingredients and mix well to evenly coat the mushroom halves. (photo 2)
Transfer the coated mushrooms to your basket and cook at 390 degrees F for 8-10 minutes. Stir or shake your basket every few minutes. (photos 3-4)
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley if you’d like and enjoy.
How long do they keep?
These air fryer mushrooms taste best when freshly made, but if you have leftovers, you may store in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
I don’t recommend freezing these.
Can I make any substitutions?
You may sub the cremini mushrooms for button, baby portobella, or sliced portobello mushrooms.
For soy free, you may sub the Tamari or soy sauce with coconut aminos. Or, use salted broth if you don’t have any on hand, with similar results.
You may sub the garlic powder for another seasoning if preferred. Your choice. Onion powder, paprika, cumin or chili powder all work well.
- Shake your basket or stir your mushrooms every few minutes during cooking to prevent sticking and evenly brown them.
- Don’t cut your mushrooms too small. Since they will reduce a fair bit during cooking, just cut them in half. If your mushrooms are very large, then you may cut them into quarters.
- Try not to overcrowd your mushrooms in your basket. Since they release a fair bit of water while cooking, you don’t want them to steam. So place in a single layer.
More air fried recipes
- Air Fried Butternut Squash [Two Ways!]
- Air Fried Home Fries [Oil Free Option]
- Healthy Air Fried Eggplant
- Air Fried Spaghetti Squash [Healthy+Low Cal]
- Air Fried Carrots [Two Ways!]
- Air Fried Hash Browns From Scratch
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms clean & dry, halved
- 1 tablespoon low sodium tamari or soy sauce if not avoiding gluten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice approx half a medium lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper optional
- Halve your clean and dry mushrooms (or quarter if they're large) and place them in a mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Place them in your air fryer basket and set to 390 degrees F, cooking for 8-10 minutes. Shake your basket or mix the mushrooms every few minutes. Enjoy!