Feast your eyes on these gorgeous, flavourful, seriously mouth watering potato tacos! Crispy, delicious potatoes, combined with hearty black beans and a fresh, creamy slaw equals taco perfection!
Potatoes are life, am I right? This potato tacos recipe is nothing short of fantastic! The potatoes are crispy and flavourful, and they’d also make a great dish for brunch!
They’re kind of like hash browns, minus the fried, and with far less oil.
If you’re avoiding oil entirely, you may use some water or broth instead. Just keep an eye on them while cooking to make sure they don’t burn.
How to make potato tacos
Start by peeling your potatoes and then dicing them into roughly half inch cubes.
Just slice the potatoes into half inch slices and then push them through your cutter to make the cubes. If you don’t have a tool to help with this, you may use a knife.
Place your cubed potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Then add the oil (if using) and all the seasoning on top. Mix well until the potatoes are evenly coated.
Arrange your potatoes in a single layer on your baking tray, lined with parchment paper. Try and space them apart a little, for maximum crispiness.
Bake for about 15 minutes, then flip your potatoes and return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
I like my potatoes extra crispy, so I leave them for the full 15 minutes, but watch carefully towards the end of cooking time to ensure they don’t burn.
While the potatoes are baking, prepare any other toppings you wish to use. Then assemble your tacos with a generous amount of potatoes and any other toppings as desired.
What are the best toppings for potato tacos?
You may top these crispy potato tacos with anything you would top regular tacos. But some of my favourites include:
How long do potato tacos keep?
Like any tacos, the leftovers are best stored separately. The potatoes may lose crispiness after storing in the fridge, but you may heat them in the oven or toaster oven. Or in a skillet with a touch of oil to crisp them up again.
I hope you’ll love this recipe for potato tacos! They are:
- Omnivore approved
More taco recipes you’ll love!
- Easy Vegan Cauliflower Tacos [GF+Oil Free]
- Oil Free Mexican Inspired Taco Buddha Bowl
- Pulled Jackfruit Burritos
- Vegan Mushroom Fajita Tacos
- Walnut Quinoa Vegan Tacos
More vegan potato recipes
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Baked Beans
- Roasted Greek Potatoes with Lemon [Oil Free]
- Sweet Potato Fries – Baked not Fried!
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes (or stovetop)
- 2 lbs yellow potatoes approx 4 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or your choice see notes below for oil free option
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 6 whole grain or corn tortilla wraps gluten free if preferred
- 13.5 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F convection bake and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (Use two if you don't have a large one.)
- Peel and dice your potatoes into approximately 1/2 inch cubes. You should get about 4 cups of cubed potatoes.
- Place the diced potatoes in a large mixing bowl and the oil and all the seasoning and mix well until evenly coated.
- Arrange your potatoes in a single layer on your prepared tray and bake for 15 minutes. Then flip your potatoes and bake another 10-15 minutes, until desired crispiness is reached.
- While the potatoes are cooking, drain and rinse your black beans, and prepare any additional toppings you'd like to use. Then assemble as desired.