Greek style roasted potatoes are flavourful, lemony, and perfectly crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle. They are oil free, made using only 7 simple ingredients, and the perfect side dish to compliment your main course. These Greek potatoes are naturally gluten free, and their also vegan, making them suitable for any diet.
Since these Greek potatoes cook in a bath of broth, lemon and herbs, they really absorb a TON of flavour. Each bite is loaded with deliciousness.
Now if you prefer a crispier potato, these may not be the ones for you. Instead, give these Crispy Salt & Vinegar Potato Wedges a try.
But if you’re still with me, and don’t mind a softer in the middle, perfectly moist, and super flavourful potato, this is for you!
How to make Greek Potatoes
Start by peeling and quartering your potatoes. Then combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup. Layer your potatoes in a deep baking dish, without overlapping too much.
Then pour the mixture over them. Cover your dish with parchment paper and then aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes.
Then uncover the potatoes and roast an additional 30 minutes or so. You want most of the liquids to be absorbed, but not completely dry so watch carefully towards the end of cooking. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your baking dish, and how close together your potatoes are.
Once the potatoes are ready, you may sprinkle some cilantro or parsley over top to add a little colour, and serve with slices of lemon if desired.
More favourite potato recipes!
- Vegan Chicken Soup w/ Jackfruit & Potato
- Crispy Potato Tacos w/ Black Beans & Slaw
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Baked Beans
- Baked Zucchini Tater Tots [V+GF]
- Sweet Potato Fries – Baked not Fried!
- Crispy Baked Salt & Vinegar Potato Wedges
- 6-8 russet potatoes peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F convection roast. (You may use convection bake if you do not have a roast setting.)
- Arrange your quartered potatoes in a 9x13 baking dish in a single layer.
- Add all remaining ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Then pour the mixture over your potatoes. Cover your baking dish with parchment paper and aluminum foil and roast for 30 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and paper and roast for an additional 30 minutes or until most of the liquids are absorbed. Gently toss the potatoes roughly halfway to help crisp up all the edges and prevent sticking.