A vegan beer cheese dip that’s creamy, savoury, cheesy and SO delicious! It’s simple to whip up with a handful of ingredients, 5 minutes, and a blender! Perfect for party platters, game day, movie night, and all your entertaining.
This vegan beer cheese dip is a fun appetizer you can whip up at the last minute! It uses common pantry ingredients, (especially in a vegan pantry) and it’s SO SO delicious.
No potatoes and no carrots here, so there’s no need to precook any ingredients.
It’s great served with soft pretzel bites, crunchy pretzels, crackers, chips, breadsticks and more!
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cashews: Use raw unsalted cashews. For a nut free option, you may use sunflower seeds or pepitas in its place.
- For low fat: Use white cannellini beans instead, but reduce the beer to half a cup and add more if needed. (The beans need less liquid than nuts or seeds.)
- Beer: Make sure to choose a beer that is vegan, as some are processed using animal products. Also, ensure that you use a beer you enjoy drinking as the flavour will come through in the dip. Use an IPA for a stronger flavour or choose a lager for something lighter tasting. Choose gluten free beer, if needed. You may also choose alcohol-free beer if you’re avoiding alcohol.
- Nutritional yeast: Adds cheesy flavour to the dip, but keeps it dairy-free and eliminates the need for processed vegan cheese.
- Tamari/Soy sauce: Adds salty, umami flavour. If you need it soy free, you may use coconut aminos, or omit and use ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- Onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika: Adds increased depth of flavour, do not skip unless absolutely necessary.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth. (photos 1-2)
Pour your vegan beer cheese dip into a bowl and serve with crackers, pretzels, breadsticks, or make celery boats.
Want to mix it up? Try one of these options!
- Spicy: Add 1-2 teaspoons of sriracha or red pepper flakes to the blender.
- Extra cheesy: Once blended, transfer the dip to oven-safe dish and sprinkle with this vegan mozzarella cheese. Then broil for 2-3 minutes until melted and bubbly.
- Kid friendly: Omit the beer and use low sodium vegetable broth in its place. Or choose a zero alcohol beer. Since this dip is enjoyed raw, the alcohol content will not be cooked off.
Or check out this spicy cauliflower dip for a queso style cheese sauce.
No stove or pot is required. All you need is a blender!
Use a strong blender, like a Vitamix, for the smoothest texture. If you don’t have a powerful blender, make sure to soak your cashews before proceeding with the recipe to help soften them. (See the expert tip below.)
How to use it
There are so many fun uses for this vegan beer cheese, don’t limit yourself to just a dip!
- Use it to drizzle over nachos or these amazing potato tacos.
- Add it on top of these Mexican stuffed peppers.
- Mix some into this veggie ground taco “meat“.
- As a sauce for our delicious grillable vegan burgers.
- Pour some on your Mexican Buddha bowls.
- Grab a spoon?
Store leftovers in a sealed container in your fridge for 2-3 days.
- If you don’t have a high speed blender, presoak your cashews in hot water for 30 minutes to soften them. This will aid your blender in breaking them down more smoothly. Once soaked, drain them and continue the recipe as written.
More delicious vegan party dips
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and process until completely smooth. Then add 1-2 tablespoons of water, if desired for thinner consistency, and reblend.
- Serve with pretzels, crackers, breadsticks or veggies.