Mango salsa will quickly become your favourite way to do salsa! Hints of sweetness from ripe mango combined with the heat of jalapeno in a well balanced bowl of goodness. Use your favourite chips or crackers for dunking, or just grab a spoon and dig in.
How do you make mango salsa?
This salsa recipe uses 6 simple, wholesome ingredients:
- ripe mango
- red onion
- freshly squeezed lime
Just dice up all the ingredients and squeeze in the lime, give it a mix and you’re done. It’s very simple to prepare, and very full of flavour. If you’re not a fan of cilantro, you may omit, or sub in parsley or scallion to add a little green to the mix. Depending on your tolerance for heat, you may leave the jalapeno seeds in or out, I’ll leave that up to you!
What to serve with mango salsa?
You may use this as a dip with chips or crackers, but don’t limit yourself there. You may also use it as a burger topping, or topping for grilled portobello mushrooms. It would also be a great addition to tacos and nachos. Or even wrapped up in a burrito, or topped on a burrito bowl. Or perhaps even topped on meatloaf, such as my Chickpea Meatless Meatloaf.
If you come up with even more ideas for this salsa, I’d love to hear about it! Let me know in the comments below.
More favourite dip recipes!
- Oil Free Cowboy Caviar Dip
- Oil Free Dillicious White Bean Dip
- Smoky Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Pico De Gallo Recipe
- Black Bean Corn Salsa
- 1 large ripe mango diced
- 3 firm but ripe roma tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped (seeds removed if you prefer less spice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- salt to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well, salt to taste. Refrigerate for 1 hour to chill and serve with chips or as a garnish on veggie burgers.