This Instant Pot vegetable soup with quinoa is perfect for your busy weeknights. Just set it and forget it, and it’s ready before you know it. Packed with tons of veggies, and hearty quinoa, for a filling, delicious bowl, all while under 200 calories for a generous serving.
This warm, hearty soup is the perfect comforting bowl you need at this time of year. The cold months are upon us, and nothing is quite as comforting or satisfying as a hot bowl of delicious soup.
Plus this one is super easy to make, it’s low calorie, low fat, and just simply incredible. At only 181 calories for a generous bowl, you can definitely go for seconds and not feel any guilt about it!
I actually surprised myself with this one. It was just one of those recipes where you’re clearing out your fridge. I wasn’t expecting anything fantastic to come out of this.
But WOW, this soup seriously tastes even better than it looks. Try this! It’s a great option if you’re watching your weight, because as I mentioned above it’s super low in calories for a generous portion. Plus I find that soups always make me feel full.
There are tons of different veggies in here, offering not only a variety of flavour, but also a variety of nutrients. This vegetable soup has a ton of Vitamins A & C, and a fair bit of iron.
How do you make Vegetable Quinoa Soup?
First, chop up all your veggies and turn on your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Then add a couple of tablespoons of water or broth, and your all powerful trio of onion, carrot and celery into your pot, and sauté until softened. (You may need to add more water to prevent sticking as you go.)
This veggie combo is a great way to start MANY soups or stews. Also refereed to as a “mirepoix”, or the holy trinity.
Once your holy trinity is softened, add all remaining ingredients, give it a stir, and close the lid. Don’t forget to set the valve to the sealing position! Then set your timer, and walk away. 🙂
Once the timer is complete, you may quick release, and open the lid once it is safe to do so. Serve with extra black pepper if desired, and enjoy!
I’d love to hear your feedback on this one. I’m so happy with the results and amazing flavour combination. This will very likely become a staple recipe in this healthy kitchen of mine. 🙂
More delicious, filling, yet low calorie soup favourites!
- Thai Peanut Chickpea Soup Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup (with Stove Top Directions)
- Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Slow Cooker Vegetable Pot Pie Stew
- Dairy Free Jalapeno Popper Soup
- Instant Pot Vegan Chili (or stove top)
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup (Dairy Free)
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks finely chopped
- 2 zucchini diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce or store bought
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder for flavour, not heat
Instant Pot Directions
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water, onion, carrots and celery and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and give it a stir. Lock your lid in place, ensuring the valve is set to the sealing position. Then set your Instant Pot to high pressure on high for 4 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes to reach pressure.) Once complete, quick release, and serve garnished with black pepper if desired.
Stove Top Directions
- In a large pot, add 1-2 tablespoons of water, onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Then add all remaining ingredients, except the spinach, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes, adding the spinach in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with black pepper if desired.