Ever wonder how to get that perfect, restaurant quality fluffy coconut rice? This recipe makes perfectly fluffy rice, every single time! Pair this simple side dish with a Sweet Potato Bean Burger or some Lentil Veggie Nuggets for a complete meal.
Even better, this dish is so easy to make, and requires no babysitting! No need to check on it, stir it, or do much of anything at all.
How do you make perfect fluffy coconut rice?
Add all the ingredients to your Instant Pot.
- brown basmati rice
- lite coconut milk
Give it a little stir and then close the lid. Make sure the valve is in the sealing position, set your timer, and let your appliance do the rest!
The Instant Pot really makes cooking a breeze. I find it easy to use, once you’ve passed the learning curve of course. The only downfall is that it doesn’t always speed up cooking time, or at least not by much.
So yes, allow yourself an extra 10-15 minutes of time for your appliance to come to pressure. Personally, the best part is just walking away and letting my food cook itself.
Am I the only one who’s been messing up rice for years? It’s easy to either under cook or over cook. Both of which are no bueno.
But by following these measurements exactly, this recipe works every time! The result is perfect, fluffy, restaurant quality coconut rice. I’ve tried and tested this one several times, and I repeat, the end result is perfect, EVERY, SINGLE time!
More Favourite Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
- BBQ Jackfruit Pizza
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Thai Peanut Chickpea Soup Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1 400 ml can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Add all the ingredients to your instant pot and give it a quick mix. Make sure there are no loose grains of rice on the sides of your pot. Push them all into the liquids to ensure even cooking. Then close the lid and make sure the release valve is set to the sealing position. Set to high pressure for 22 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes to build pressuring before counting down.)
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure with the release valve.
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!