Sometimes you need to just keep things simple! Like with this amazing sesame roasted asparagus! This recipe requires only a few ingredients and is super simple to make. Plus you can have this on the table in 10 minutes or less! The sesame seeds add great flavour, texture and colour to this side dish. Serve with your favourite protein for a complete meal.
Since asparagus are currently in season, I’ve been making them quite often lately. You just can’t beat in season produce. The freshness and flavour are always far superior. This versatile vegetable can be used in a variety of ways. Add asparagus to soups, frittatas, or just roast them!
Just look how beautiful a tray of roasted asparagus is, yum yum!
When roasting your asparagus, make sure you do not overcook them. I find that overdone asparagus tend to get stringy in texture. I prefer mine with a little bite, and slightly tender. So just watch carefully and stick a fork through one of two of them to check level of doneness. If your asparagus are on the thinner side, you may want to decrease baking time, and check them more frequently.
More delicious side dishes
- Sweet & Spicy Plantain Chips
- Roasted Greek Potatoes with Lemon
- Air Fryer Carrots [Two Ways!]
- Sweet & Salty Baked Pumpkin Fries
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place your asparagus on the baking and toss with the remaining ingredients. Spread into a single layer and bake for approx 10 minutes or until lightly browned.