Air fryer peanut butter cookies are sweet, nutty, and so delicious! This small batch, easy cookie recipe is the fastest batch you’ll ever make! Ready in 15 minutes or less.
This was inspired by my oven baked peanut butter cookies. But I wanted a small batch that was quicker to make. The air fryer makes that possible!
So when that cookie craving hits, you can have these easy cookies whipped up in no time.
Why you’ll love these!
- Healthier than most. These cookies have no butter, no oil and low sugar.
- Easy! With just 5 ingredients needed and 5 minutes of cooking time, this will become your go-to cookie. Plus there’s no need to separate your dry ingredients from the wet. Just 1 bowl needed.
- Naturally vegan and gluten free. Perfectly suitable for most diets using gluten-free flour, and they’re egg free, too.
- Delicious!! These cookies are so nutty and just incredibly YUM.
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Almond flour: Use blanched almond flour, as this hasn’t been tested with unblanched.
- Peanut butter: Stick to peanut butter without added sugar, and use creamy peanut butter that is drippy, not too thick. You could also use cashew butter, almond butter, or pecan butter for fun variations!
- Maple syrup: You may use any other liquid sweetener if you prefer, but I particularly enjoy the maple flavour added to these delicious peanut butter cookies.
- Vanilla: Use pure vanilla extract, not the artificial kind.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Making air fryer peanut butter cookies could not be any easier.
Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and stir until combined. The dough may seem a bit dry at first, but just keep mixing. (photos 1-2)
Use a small cookie scoop and roll the dough into a ball with the palm of your hands. Then press the cookie down (in your hand) with a fork to create a crosshatch pattern and flatten your cookie. (photos 3-4)
NOTE: Create the pattern by pressing the cookie down with a fork and then pressing again in the opposite direction.
Place your flattened cookie into the basket of your fryer and repeat with the remaining batter. Leave enough space in between each cookie. You should get 7 cookies. (photo 5)
Air fry for 5-7 minutes until golden on top. (photo 6)
Remove the basket from your fryer and set it aside to let your peanut butter cookies cool. Let them rest for 10 minutes before transferring.
We use a Ninja Foodi 8 quart but any other model of fryer should work just fine.
However, keep in mind that individual models will cook faster or slower, so check on your cookies at the 5 minute mark.
Can I make these in the oven?
You bet! Try this baked peanut butter cookie recipe, instead.
Switch up your air fryer cookies by adding 2-3 tablespoons of any of the below:
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
Or add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon to the mix.
Since it’s a small batch, it’s unlikely that there will be leftovers. 😉
But if there is, your cookies will keep at room temperature for 2-3 days. Store them in a sealed container so they don’t get dry.
You may also freeze these in a freezer safe, airtight container for up to 3 months. Or use a zip top freezer bag. Make sure the cookies are completely cooled before freezing.
- Don’t use parchment paper in your basket. It will fly around and prevent the air from flowing under your cookies. You need breathing holes for the best results.
- Weigh your flour for the most accuracy. Scooping flour from a bag often results in too much being used and may cause your cookies to be dry.
- If you don’t have a kitchen scale, and the cookie batter seems dry, add 1 extra teaspoon of maple syrup and mix well before adding more. A little goes a long way.
- Use a small (1 tablespoon size) cookie scoop for even-sized cookies and even “baking”.
- After rolling the batter into a ball, press with a fork in the palm of your hand. Do not press the cookies into the air frying basket or some of the cookie dough will push through the basket holes, causing them to break when removing them later.
- Let your peanut butter cookies cool down in the basket (but basket removed from fryer) for 10 minutes before handling. This rest time will firm up your cookies.
More Air Fried Recipes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stir until combined. The batter might seem dry at first, but just keep mixing until it's smooth.
- Use a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) to scoop your batter. Then roll it into a ball in the palm of your hand. Use a fork to press the ball down into a flatter cookie shape, making a crisscross pattern. Then place the cookie into your air fryer basket. Repeat with the remaining batter, leaving a half inch space between each cookie. You should get 7 cookies.
- Air fry the cookies at 325 degrees F for 5-7 minutes until they appear golden on top. They will still be soft to the touch, this is normal and they will firm up as they cool. Remove the basket from the fryer and let the cookies rest, undisturbed for 10 minutes. Enjoy!