Tender crisp, lemony air fryer green beans. They’re flavourful, so simple to prepare, and ready in 15 minutes or less. Pair this delicious side dish with almost anything!
Green beans are not just for Thanksgiving. I enjoy these any time of year, and they’re so simple and delicious. A must-try!
Just like my air-fried zucchini, this green beans recipe is oil free, seasoned with lemon, and addictively delicious. Pair them with a delicious burger or roast for a fantastic dinner.
Ingredients + Substitutions
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Green beans: I used French green beans, but any variety will do. Make sure to trim the ends before cooking.
- Lemon: Provide citrusy, tangy flavour and replaces the need for olive oil or cooking spray in order to keep this dish low in calories and low fat.
- Garlic powder, salt, black pepper: Seasoning to enhance flavour. You may use freshly minced garlic if you prefer, but watch carefully so it doesn’t burn.
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Place your trimmed beans in a medium mixing bowl and add the lemon juice and seasoning. Mix well to evenly coat them. (photos 1-2)
Transfer the beans to your air fryer basket and air fry at 380 degrees F until golden and tender-crisp. (photo 3)
Remove them from the basket and garnish with vegan parmesan cheese and lemon wedges, if you’d like, and serve.
Change up the flavour with one of these fun variations.
- Spicy: Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, or to your taste.
- Asian: Use 1 teaspoon of peanut oil, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten free), ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Garlic butter: Use 1 tablespoon of butter with 2 cloves of minced garlic and ¼ teaspoon of sea salt.
I use an 8qt Ninja Foodi but any model will work just fine.
Keep in mind that smaller models will likely cook your green beans faster, so start checking around the 6-minute mark. Cook until golden and tender-crisp.
If you have leftovers, keep them in a sealed container in your fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in your air fryer or toaster oven or enjoy cold.
I don’t recommend freezing these as that will alter the flavour and texture of your beans.
- Quick tip for trimming your green beans. Line up several at a time and trim the ends, then rotate and trim the other side. It’s much faster than trimming one bean at a time.
More air fried vegetables
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 14 ounces (400 grams) green beans ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- Trim the ends of your green beans and place them in a medium mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and seasoning and mix to evenly coat the beans.
- Place them in your basket and air fry at 380 degrees F (193 degrees C) for 8-12 minutes, until golden brown. Mix halfway through cooking.
- Remove the green beans from the fryer and sprinkle with the optional parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy.
Leave a Comment & Star Rating