Here’s a healthy and delicious make ahead breakfast option for you! These eggless frittata muffins look and taste like real egg muffins, but contain zero eggs! The perfect option to steer clear from common allergens.
Is it just me, or do you also find yourself skipping breakfast during the week? There’s just no time in the mornings! Between waking up early and getting yourself and your kids out the door, it doesn’t leave much time. With easy, make ahead breakfast ideas like this one, you can easily warm these up each morning in a flash.
These eggless frittata muffins are very EASY to make!
And you will thank yourself throughout the week, with ready to go breakfasts to get you through the busy work week! These are a family favourite!
To prepare, saute your veggies until softened and reduced. I like to use onion, red or orange pepper and mushrooms. However, feel free to experiment with all kinds of different veggies and fill ins!
Then evenly distribute the veggies between your greased muffin cups. The veggies should fill roughly less than half of each cup.
Then pour your chickpea batter over each one and give them a quick stir. Don’t forget to stir them to ensure some of the batter makes it’s way to the bottom. This will keep the muffins shape once baked.
Bake the egg less muffins in your preheated oven until golden perfection! 🙂
Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the muffin tray and serve warm. If using for make ahead breakfasts throughout the week, allow to cool completely and then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Each morning, warm up desired quantity in a microwave or oven, or enjoy cold. They taste great either way!
These egg-less frittata muffins are golden and crispy on the outside, and deliciously moist in the middle. They are seriously AMAZING.
Want more make ahead breakfast ideas?
Try these Healthy Zucchini Muffins, Easy Chia Pudding, Very Berry Protein Balls, Super Yummy Granola Bars, or these Healthy Chickpea Cookies! YUM! I can’t even pick a favourite, so it’s probably best you try them all. 🙂
- 1 tbsp grape seed or avocado oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 red or orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 cremini mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- 2 cups chickpea/garbanzo flour I grind raw chickpeas in my Vitamix
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 cups water
- coconut oil for greasing (or cooking spray)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and grease your muffin tray with the coconut oil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and add the chopped onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 5-7 minutes, until reduced. Remove from heat and add the green onion and mix into the veggies.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, add the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, seasonings and baking powder and whisk to combine. Then pour in the water and mix well.
- Evenly divide the veggie mixture between your 12 muffin cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon per muffin. Then add the chickpea mixture over top each one, filling to the top. (I used my 1/4 measuring cup to divide the mixture.) Then, using a spoon, stir each muffin gently, to ensure the chickpea mixture reaches the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before gently removing from the tray and serve warm, or at room temperature.