For a savoury pumpkin dish, look no further than this absolutely mouthwatering pumpkin pasta sauce. Pairs perfectly with noodles of your choice, or even brown rice if you’re avoiding wheat. This sauce is quick and easy to whip up, making it a great choice on busy weeknights, or any time you’ve got a pumpkin craving!
As much as I love summer and never want it to end, that usually means pumpkin season is around the corner. I’ve always looked forward to autumn to enjoy all the pumpkin recipes, but with conveniences like canned pumpkin, available all year round, you can make dishes such as this all year long!
How do you make pumpkin pasta sauce?
This simple dish uses 9 ingredients that don’t require any prep work. No washing, peeling, chopping or slicing!
All you need is some low sodium vegetable broth, canned pumpkin puree and the perfect blend of seasoning. Combine everything in a small sauce pan and simmer for a few minutes to allow the flavours to blend nicely. Then stir in the plant milk for a lovely creamy finish.
Once your pasta of choice is cooked and drained, combine with the sauce and garnish your plate with green onion, vegan parmesan cheese, or chili flakes for extra heat.
This amazing sauce is
- creamy & velvety
- rich & delicious
- with a little bit of heat
- and all while remaining dairy free, oil free, and virtually fat free! You’ve got to try this!
If you enjoy this AMAZING pumpkin pasta sauce, you may also like these pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers [V+GF]
- Creamy Autumn Soup w/ Squash & Pumpkin
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes – Gluten Free
- Sweet & Salty Baked Pumpkin Fries
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Hummus
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte – Sugar Free
- In a medium sauce pan, add your vegetable broth, pumpkin puree and all the seasonings, and simmer over medium low heat for about 5-6 minutes. Then turn off the heat and stir in your milk. Set aside and keep covered.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of generously salted water to boil, and cook your pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Then pour the sauce over the pasta and mix immediately so the pasta doesn't stick together. You may reserve some of the sauce to garnish each plate, or you can mix it all in, your choice.
- Serve garnished with chili flakes and vegan Parmesan cheese if desired.