This delicious, creamy soup just screams autumn! Its vibrant colour and harvest flavours make an absolutely perfect starter for your Thanksgiving dinner, or any dinner. This creamy autumn soup is rich and velvety, packed with flavour and it’s super simple to make. It’s naturally sweet, using sweet potato, buttercup squash and pumpkin, and seasoned with nutmeg and ginger for a warm and nutty flavour.
Bonus, this mouthwatering dish is vegan, oil free, gluten free, and nut free! Perfect for all eaters. AND, it’s loaded with nutrients such as vitamins A & C, and it’s high in fiber.
How do you make creamy autumn soup?
Gather your ingredients and get your veggies peeled and chopped. Then sauté the onion in a large pot with a tablespoon or two of water until softened. You may use oil if preferred, but in the interest of keeping this dish low in calories and low in fat, I’m opting for water.
Once the onions are soft, add the remaining chopped veggies to your pot and mix well, cooking for a couple minutes before adding all remaining ingredients, including your pumpkin puree. Bring to a low boil and cook until fork tender.
Then purée your soup using an immersion blender, or carefully transfer to your blender in batches and process until smooth. Use extreme caution when blending hot liquids. Then serve garnished with pumpkin seeds for a little bit of crunch and added protein to each bowl.
This simple and delicious soup will keep you satisfied all season long. I love this soup because it’s:
- low in calories and fat
- creamy without using cream or dairy
- free from all common allergens
- easy to make and ready in around 30 minutes
- and it’s utterly delicious!
More favourite autumn recipes!
- Pumpkin Black Bean Burgers
- Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- Vegan Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Mini Quinoa Sweet Potato Muffins
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Beautiful Beet Hummus [V+GF]
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte – Sugar Free
- Add the chopped onion to a large pot with a tablespoon or two of water and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Then add the garlic, squash, and sweet potato and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add your broth, pumpkin puree and all your seasonings. Bring to a low boil, and cook for about 8-10 minutes until the veggies are fork tender.
- Using an immersion blender, purée your soup until smooth and creamy. Serve garnished with parsley and pumpkin seeds if desired.