Tangy, sweet and perfectly creamy vegan honey mustard. It tastes just like the real deal, but it’ll be the healthiest version you ever try! It’s protein packed, low in fat and absolutely drool-worthy.
The main ingredient? BEANS!
Yup, you read that right. But if you keep that little secret to yourself, no one else would guess! 😉
Why you’ll love it
- It’s the perfect combo of tangy and sweet that you’d expect from a tasty honey mustard sauce.
- Simple to make with little to no prep involved. No soaking, peeling or chopping required.
- Ready in JUST 5 minutes!! That includes getting the ingredients out of your fridge and pantry.
- Just 4 common ingredients needed! Nothing weird about it!
- Actually healthy!! A dip so healthy you can use it for all the things!
How to make it
(This is a summary with step by step photos, full recipe measurements and instructions are in the recipe card below.)
Gather your ingredients.
Then add everything to your blender and process until smooth. (photos 1-2)
It doesn’t get simpler than this, and it truly doesn’t get more delicious either! If you’ve been missing honey mustard dressing but wanting a healthy option, you HAVE to try this!
Keep your honey mustard refrigerated in a sealed container. It will stay fresh up to 4 days.
If you know you won’t consume it all, separate some into individual serving containers and freeze for 2-3 months. Make sure to use freezer safe, air tight containers.
What to use it with
So many options! But some of my favourite ways to use this vegan honey mustard include:
- Spread it into burgers, wraps or sandwiches.
- Use as a dip for fries and sweet potato fries.
- Drizzle some on a fresh green salad.
- Dunk your pizza crusts!
- Toss with veggies before roasting.
- Spread it over grilled veggies like portobellos, zucchini, eggplant or tomatoes!
Can I make any substitutions?
- For the beans, you may sub with any white bean variety if you don’t have cannellini on hand. Great Northern, navy beans or even butterbeans are all great options for this sauce.
- If you want a spicier vegan honey mustard, use Dijon instead of yellow mustard, or a mix of both.
- For the maple syrup, you may sub for date syrup or another liquid sweetener, if preferred.
- If you want extra tang, add a tablespoon or two of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
Make sure to run the blender a little extra to get a smooth texture, without graininess.
Adjust the consistency to your liking. I prefer my honey mustard a tad thicker, but if you want it thinner, add a 1-2 tablespoons of water or vinegar.
More delicious vegan dips and spreads
- Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Sauce [No Butter or Oil]
- Dill Pickle White Bean Hummus
- Vegan Sriracha Mayo w/ Nut Free Option
- Oil Free Vegan Mayo (& NUT FREE)
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1 cup white cannellini beans cooked or canned
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder optional
- Add everything to your blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Serve as a dipping sauce for fries or pizza, as a spread in sandwiches and burgers or use to dress a green salad.