Sweet potato fries are crispy and delicious. These baked french fries are a far healthier choice when compared to fried, and they are super simple to make. Combine them with these Vegan Chicken Burgers or a Chickpea Salad Sandwich for the ultimate cozy meal.
How do you make sweet potato fries?
To make my fries, I use a Nicer Dicer french fry cutter to cut my sweet potatoes into uniform french fries. However, you may use any french fry cutter you like. If you don’t have a french fry cutter, you may also cut these by hand with a large knife. Just try your best to get your french fries as uniform as possible for even cooking time.
When baking your fries, make sure you spread them into a single layer for optimal cooking and crispiness. If they are too crowded, use two baking trays to spread them out a little.
If your fries are not crisping up as much as you’d like, you can stick them under the broiler for 5 minutes or so towards the end of cooking. Just watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn.
Want a dipping sauce for your sweet potato fries? Quickly whip up some Cayenne Spicy Dip for a nice kick of heat to each bite. Or opt for some dijonaise, my favourite. I just mix Vegenaise with a little mustard!
More snacky dishes
- Sweet & Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Vegan Parmesan Carrot Fries [Oil Free]
- Black Bean Chips – Gluten Free
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip [Vegan+Oil Free]
- Baked Cauliflower Bites with Homemade Hot Sauce
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp cornstarch optional, but this will increase crispiness
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a french fry cutter, (I use the Nicer Dicer by Genius) cut your sweet potatoes into fries and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the oil, salt, rosemary (and corn starch if using) to your french fries and mix well to coat all the fries.
- Spread them in a single layer on your prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes. Flip your fries, and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Serve your sweet potato fries with ketchup, Cayenne Spicy Dip or with a little extra salt