Sweet potato fries are crispy and delicious. These baked french fries are a far healthier choice when compared to fried, and they are super simple to make. Combine them with these Vegan Chicken Burgers or a Chickpea Salad Sandwich for the ultimate cozy meal.
By the way, if you love sweet potato as much as I do, you don’t want to miss this incredible collection of healthy sweet potato recipes.
But for now, let’s get to the fries!
How do you make sweet potato fries?
To make my fries, I use a Nicer Dicer french fry cutter to cut my sweet potatoes into uniform french fries. However, you may use any french fry cutter you like. If you don’t have a french fry cutter, you may also cut these by hand with a large knife. Just try your best to get your french fries as uniform as possible for even cooking time.
When baking your fries, make sure you spread them into a single layer for optimal cooking and crispiness. If they are too crowded, use two baking trays to spread them out a little.
If your fries are not crisping up as much as you’d like, you can stick them under the broiler for 5 minutes or so towards the end of cooking. Just watch carefully to make sure they don’t burn.
Want a dipping sauce for your sweet potato fries? Quickly whip up some Cayenne Spicy Dip for a nice kick of heat to each bite. Or opt for some dijonaise, my favourite. I just mix Vegenaise with a little mustard!
More snacky dishes
- Sweet & Spicy Baked Plantain Chips
- Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- Smash-’em-Up Salt and Vinegar Potatoes
- Vegan Parmesan Carrot Fries [Oil Free]
- Black Bean Chips – Gluten Free
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp cornstarch optional, but this will increase crispiness
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using a french fry cutter, (I use the Nicer Dicer by Genius) cut your sweet potatoes into fries and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the oil, salt, rosemary (and corn starch if using) to your french fries and mix well to coat all the fries.
- Spread them in a single layer on your prepared tray and bake for 20 minutes. Flip your fries, and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Serve your sweet potato fries with ketchup, Cayenne Spicy Dip or with a little extra salt