Here’s a simple green smoothie recipe for you folks! But don’t worry, it doesn’t “taste” green. 😉 I’m a long time smoothie maker and drinker, but during all this time, I’ve also been a ‘hells no’ to green smoothies kinda girl. So coming from me, when I say this smoothie does not have even a hint of that green taste, that really, really means something. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
How do you make a simple green smoothie that is both nutritious and delicious?
For my green smoothie, I’m using:
- fresh banana
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach, don’t worry about measuring, just grab large handfuls and toss them in the blender
- frozen mango
- frozen strawberries
- peanut butter
- and my Easy Homemade Cashew Milk – you may sub for any of your preferred milk choices, even soy milk if avoiding nuts
The peanut butter and banana are the predominant flavours here, especially since using fresh banana.
If you sub for frozen banana, which is completely fine, you’ll get a little less banana flavour, but still the sweetness it provides. So you really won’t taste the spinach at all. Instead, you’ll get hints of peanut butter and sweetness, but you can feel great about the nutrients you’re getting! YAY!
This simple green smoothie recipe makes a wonderfully nutritious breakfast or snack, yielding 5g of protein per serving, plus a ton of other vitamins and nutrients.
Makes about 4 cups, enough for 2 large glasses, perfect for sharing, or go for seconds!
For more simple smoothie and drink ideas, check out these:
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Sour Apple Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Nut Smoothie
- Virgin Strawberry Melon Ball
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and process until smooth and creamy. Enjoy cold.