A smoothie without banana is not easy to come by, but this delicious option really delivers! With 6g of protein per serving, this tasty, naturally sweetened, nutty smoothie is perfect for breakfast, snack or even dessert. Ready in no time at all!
It’s not easy to find a smoothie recipe that doesn’t include bananas. I mean, in my mind, all good smoothies start with a banana!
But when a reader told me she has a banana allergy and would love more smoothie options, it was time to think outside the box.
So here’s my no banana smoothie for you all. It’s sweet, it’s nutty, it’s got 6g of protein per serving.
This smoothie recipe makes around four cups, so enough for two people, or for seconds. 🙂
What’s in my No Banana Smoothie?
I’m using a combo of fresh and frozen fruit this time, but if you prefer all frozen for convenience, that’s completely fine too.
When subbing frozen for fresh, you may want to adjust the liquids slightly to get everything moving.
- frozen blueberries
- frozen strawberries
- fresh pineapple
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- hemp hearts (optional, but gives this smoothie a protein boost)
- plant milk (I like soy, cashew, or almond but whatever you have is great!)
To make the smoothie, just dump all your ingredients into your blender and process on high until smooth.
Depending on the power of your motor, and your ratio of fresh to frozen fruit, you may need to add a little more milk to get things moving, but start with the amount listed below. Enjoy!
For more delicious smoothie recipes, check out some of these.
- Simple Green Smoothie Recipe (that doesn’t “taste” green!)
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Nut Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Smoothie with Salted Pepitas
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and process on high until smooth. Enjoy!