It’s not easy to find a smoothie recipe that doesn’t include bananas. I mean, in my mind, all good smoothies start with a banana! But when a reader told me she has a banana allergy and would love more smoothie options, it was time to think outside the box. So here’s my no banana smoothie for you all. It’s sweet, it’s nutty, it’s got 6g of protein per serving. This smoothie recipe makes around four cups, so enough for two people, or for seconds. 🙂
What’s in my No Banana Smoothie?
I’m using a combo of fresh and frozen fruit this time, but if you prefer all frozen for convenience, that’s completely fine too. When subbing frozen for fresh, you may want to adjust the liquids slightly to get everything moving.
Included in this easy smoothie recipe is:
- frozen blueberries
- frozen strawberries
- fresh pineapple
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- hemp hearts (optional, but gives this smoothie a protein boost)
- plant milk (I like soy, cashew, or almond but whatever you have is great!)
To make the smoothie, just dump all your ingredients into your blender and process on high until smooth. Depending on the power of your motor, and your ratio of fresh to frozen fruit, you may need to add a little more milk to get things moving, but start with the amount listed below. Enjoy!
For more delicious smoothie recipes, check out some of these.
- Simple Green Smoothie Recipe (that doesn’t “taste” green!)
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Nut Smoothie
- Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Double Chocolate Smoothie with Salted Pepitas
- Apple Banana Smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to your blender and process on high until smooth. Enjoy!