What’s better than take out? How about this seriously better than take out cauliflower fried rice that you can make at home in 15 minutes flat! You can’t even get takeout this quickly!
This recipe is so easy peasy, and super yummy. All your favourite take out flavours, without the ton of sugar and complex carbs that typically come along with it.
Homemade take out for the win!
How do you make cauliflower rice?
Start by breaking or cutting your head of cauliflower into manageable size florets.
Then using the shredder attachment of your Veggie Bullet, food processor, or grater, process your cauliflower into rice size pieces.
If you’re using a food processor, make sure to do so in small batches so you don’t over process. Remember, you want longer pieces resembling grains of rice, rather than pulverizing your cauliflower.
Alternatively, a grater would also work if you don’t have an automated tool to help. It may take an extra few minutes though.
You may also buy pre-riced cauliflower at the supermarket these days. I’m seeing cauliflower rice, and all sorts of vegetable noodles at the grocery store. This will save a ton of prep work, but keep in mind, it will cost a little more than making your own.
Once your cauliflower rice is ready to go, add it along with all your veggies and seasonings to a large skillet. Sauté for about 5 minutes or so, until slightly reduced and tender. Do not overcook, the cauliflower cooks through quickly.
And that’s it! Super easy, super yum! How can you go wrong? If you’d like, garnish your cauliflower fried rice with some sliced green onion and lime wedges.
How perfectly simple is this?? Perfect for busy weeknights, or those nights you’re craving take out. But there will be no guilty feelings after eating it!
Want more quick and easy weeknight meals? Try these!
- Sweet Potato Noodles w/ Vegan Alfredo Sauce [GF+Oil Free]
- Dairy Free Jalapeno Popper Soup
- 5 Minute Chickpea Salad Sandwich [Oil Free]
- Pasta Aglio e Olio (Pasta w/ Garlic & Oil)
- 15 Minute Vegetable Stir Fry with Udon Noodles
- Easy Cream of Broccoli Soup (Dairy Free)
- Using a food processor or veggie bullet, shred your cauliflower into a rice consistency. If using a food processor, do so in smaller batches not to over process your cauliflower. You do not want it pureed.
- Add all your ingredients to a large skillet and sauté over medium high heat for about 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Serve garnished with green onion and lime wedges if desired.