Almond butter cookies are tasty, crumbly, salty-sweet, and delightful! These easy to make cookies use five simple ingredients and simple methods, ready in just about 20 minutes, from start to finish. Step aside peanut butter cookies! 🙂
Okay, who am I kidding, peanut butter cookies are so great too. If you can’t decide between these almond butter cookies or peanut butter, how about these almond flour peanut butter cookies?
Yup, mind blown, I know.
But if you’re still with me, let’s talk about these almond butter cookie.
You’ll need only 5 ingredients to make these:
How do you make almond butter cookies?
First prepare your flax or chia egg and set aside while you gather the remaining ingredients.
Preheat your oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and then combine all 5 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Mix well, and drop tablespoons of the batter onto your baking sheet.
Then using a fork, gently press down on each cookie to make a crisscross pattern, and bake. If your fork is sticking to the cookies, wet the fork slightly after pressing every few cookies or so.
Once your cookies are baked, let them rest at room temperature for about 10 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
You may enjoy these cookies warm or cooled to room temperature. Either way, they’re seriously amazing! Try them. 🙂
Almond butter cookies are:
- oil free
- sweet (but refined sugar free) with subtle hints of salt
- gluten free
- firm yet crumbly like you’d expect from butter cookies (with no butter of course!)
- perfect for dunking!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like:
- How to Make Homemade Pecan Butter
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies
- Vegan Cheesecake Squares with Salted Caramel
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pecan Butter Cookies
- White Bean Protein Crackers
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- Prepare your flax egg and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Then scoop the mixture onto your prepared baking tray using a tablespoon. You should get about 20 cookies. Using a fork, gently press down each cookie to make a crisscross pattern. If your fork is sticking to the batter, wet it between pressing each cookie down to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 12 minutes and remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes at room temperature. Enjoy!