Here’s a delicious sweet treat that everyone can enjoy! Kids and adults alike love chocolate chip cookies, am I right? How about vegan chocolate chip cookies? They are also gluten free, refined sugar free, nut free and oil free, but don’t let that fool you into thinking they are anything short of scrumptious! A lovely, classic dessert for all to enjoy, no matter your eating preferences or dietary restrictions. These bad boys may not look like your favourite store bought cookies, but I promise, they are SO SO good! Plus you can really feel good about eating WFPB (whole food plant based) cookies, right? I mean, it’s basically salad! 😉
How do you make vegan chocolate chip cookies?
These cookies are very easy to make. They contain only 9 ingredients, and you’ll be enjoying them in only 20 minutes!
What you’ll need:
- oat flour (I make my own by grinding oats in my Vitamix)
- baking powder
- soy milk, or plant milk of choice (almond or cashew also work well if not avoiding nuts)
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- apple sauce
- dark chocolate chips (or semi sweet if not avoiding refined sugar)
Once your batter is ready, scoop the mixture onto a prepared baking sheet using a tablespoon. Then flatten the cookies slightly with the bottom of the spoon before baking as they won’t spread much.
Once baked, remove from the oven, and let them cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. You can let them cool to room temperature, or enjoy warm. Either way, they taste GREAT!
And just look at those deliciously, melty, chocolate chips! These were a hit with my entire family and no one could guess that they’re probably the healthiest chocolate chip cookie they’d ever eaten!
Want more healthy-ish cookie recipes? Try these!
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies [V+GF]
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Allergen Friendly Sweet Potato Cookies [V+GF & Nut Free!]
- 1.5 cups oat flour, gluten free if preferred
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the 3 dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. In a seperate bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, except the chocoalte chips and mix well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture onto your prepared baking tray to make roughly 20 cookies, leaving space in between each one.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack. Enjoy warm, or let cool to room temperature.