Can you ever have too many mac and cheese options? Nah, didn’t think so. How about some creamy, velvety, delicious, avocado mac and cheese? Oh yes please!
Avocado mac and cheese is SO flavourful and SO satisfying! It’s also vegan and gluten free. An easy choice! If you’re not avoiding gluten, feel free to sub any of your favourite pastas.
Plus, it’s kid friendly and made using healthier ingredients so you can feel good about serving this to your loved ones.
There is something so warm and comforting about mac and cheese. Maybe because it reminds so many of us of our childhood. Mac and cheese is really a winning dish for most, if not all little ones! If avocado mac and cheese doesn’t do it for you, how about Mac & Cheese with Roasted Sweet Potato or Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese?
To make this super easy recipe all you need is one pot and a blender. (I use my Vitamix but any high powered blender will do the trick!)
Add all your ingredients (except the pasta) to your blender and process until smooth and creamy. Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package directions. Then drain and combine with the sauce. Simple, easy, dinner is served! Avocado mac and cheese really checks all the boxes!
- kid approved
If desired, serve your bowls garnished with extra slices of avocado and sprinkled with cashew Parmesan cheese! (You can find my recipe for Parmesan cheese in this amazing lasagna post.)
For more easy recipes you may enjoy these! As usual, I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
- Instant Pot Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Vegan Chicken Burgers – Gluten Free
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1/4 cup raw cashews soaked in boiling water for 30 minutes and drained
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1.5 cups unsweetened cashew milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 ripe avocado peeled & pitted
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 340 g package gluten free pasta of choice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil, and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, add all your ingredients (except the pasta) to a high powered blender (I use a Vitamix) and process until smooth and warm, about 3-4 minutes. If you do not have a high powered blender that will heat your sauce, transfer the sauce to a sauce pan and heat over stove top once puréed.
- Pour your sauce over the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Serve in bowls garnished with avocado slices if desired.