This dish is not only vegan, but it is oil free, gluten free and 100% guilt free! The sauce recipe uses cashews to provide plenty of protein and healthy fats, combined with lemon juice and the perfect blend of seasoning. Absolute perfection!
How do you make sweet potato noodles?
Firstly, you’ll need a spiralizer. I use a Veggie Bullet, but there are many different models out there ranging from manual to automatic. As long as it gets the job done, go for it! If you don’t have a spiralizer, I’m noticing that grocery stores are selling pre spiralized veggies now! Such a great option, although far more expensive than doing it yourself, of course.
If you’re not a huge sweet potato fan, you may sub carrot or zucchini instead. Or even rice or wheat noodles if you’re feeling really indulgent! This sauce would also taste particularly great on gnocchi. Mmm…
But back to the noodles, peel your sweet potatoes and spiralize them using your tool of choice. Then add them to a skillet with a tablespoon or two of water and sauté until softened, approx 5 minutes.
Next, add the spinach and mix well until wilted, about 30 seconds or so. Then turn off the heat, mix in your sauce and serve.
How do you make vegan Alfredo sauce?
Soak your cashews for 30 minutes in freshly boiled water. I use my kettle to boil water and soak the cashews with the water in a heat proof bowl. Then drain and add to your blender along with all remaining sauce ingredients and process until smooth.
That’s it! Super easy! This vegan Alfredo sauce is velvety smooth, full of flavour, and so rich and satisfying.
This dish is full of flavour, and immensely satisfying. If you really want to oomph up the flavour, you may sprinkle some Vegan Parmesan Cheese over top. Don’t forget to let me know what you think in the comments below. 🙂
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like:
- Sweet Potato Noodles – Gluten Free
- Vegetable Bolognese Zucchini Noodles
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
- 20 Healthy Vegan Sweet Potato Recipes
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes spiralized
- 2 cups baby spinach no need to measure, just grab a couple handfuls
- Drain your cashews and add them to your blender, along with all remaining sauce ingredients. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add your spiralized sweet potatoes in a large skillet with a tablespoon or two of water and sauté over medium heat until softened, approx 5 minutes. Adding more water if needed to prevent sticking. Then add your spinach and mix well until wilted, about 30 seconds. Turn off heat, then pour the sauce over your noodles and serve.