Simply delicious sweet potato noodles are nutritious and light and perfect for whipping up on a busy weeknight. Pair them with these delicious Lentil Meatballs for the ultimate combo!
If you do not own a spiralizer, you need to buy one. Like now, seriously. I make spiralized veggies at least once per week.
There are just a ton of fruits and veggies that you can spiralize but sweet potato noodles have quickly become a family favourite in this house. In fact, this might be my favourite way to serve sweet potatoes!
Sweet potato noodles are so easy to prepare ahead of time. I usually process them in the morning so they’re ready to go when it’s time to cook dinner.
You can leave them at room temperature for several hours, until ready to cook. Or refrigerate overnight if working well ahead of time.
Just look how pretty and perfect these noodles come out!
I’ve always loved making veggie noodles for a healthier alternative to pasta. But I was once using a mandolin!! It was quite labour intensive, not to mention dangerous! With the right tool, you can really cut down on prep time! I’ve since thrown my mandolin in the garbage. 🙂
I like to keep my noodles simple by sautéing in a skillet with a touch of water or broth to prevent sticking and a little salt and pepper. But feel free to get creative! You can add cinnamon and nutmeg for a sweet version, or some chili flakes or hot pepper oil for a spicy option.
More delicious spiralized noodle recipes
- Vegetable Bolognese Zucchini Noodles
- Coconut Peanut Veggie Noodles [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Sweet Potato Noodles w/ Vegan Alfredo Sauce [GF+Oil Free]
- Pesto Zucchini Noodles (Zoodles)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes peeled & spiralized
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add some water or broth in a large skillet over medium/high heat and add your spriralized sweet potatoes. Sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until noodles are slightly softened, without overcooking, adding a touch more water or broth as needed to prevent sticking.
- Spinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve with lentil meatballs and enjoy!