I love zucchini noodles, but didn’t always have a handy tool to make them. I used to use a mandolin slicer for many years (I know!!) before I finally ordered my Veggie Bullet. Game changer! Not only does the Veggie Bullet spiralize your favourite foods, but it’s completely automated so you can do so with ease. Plus, it also shreds and slices! This really cuts down prep time in the kitchen.
How do you prepare pesto zucchini noodles?
Once you spiralize your zucchini, place them in a colander in your sink (or in a large bowl) and sprinkle them with salt. This will allow most of the water and moisture to drain. Do not skip this step, it really helps prevent your noodles from becoming soggy and watery after cooking. I like to prepare mine in the morning and let them sit out for most of the day, but 30 minutes will do the trick!
When you’re ready to cook them, add your noodles to a large skillet and sauté for a few minutes until cooked through.
You really don’t need any oil or water here, just stir often enough so they don’t stick. Don’t over cook your noodles, they only need a few minutes to heat through.
These noodles are not only super quick and easy to make, but they truly taste fantastic!
Plus, at less than 200 calories for a generous serving, how can you go wrong?
More spiralizer recipes
- Sweet Potato Noodles – Gluten Free
- Coconut Peanut Veggie Noodles [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Vegetable Bolognese Zucchini Noodles
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 6 large zucchini
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup homemade pesto or store bought
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
- Spiralize your zucchini and place them in a large colander in your kitchen sink or a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt allow the water to release. Let them sit in the colander with salt for at least 30 minutes. You will notice the zucchini will reduce which will prevent watery noodles later.
- Add your noodles and pesto to a large nonstick skillet and sauté, stirring often for about 3-5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, add the chopped tomato and toss to combine.
- Serve garnished with chili flakes, if desired. Enjoy!