The guac is optional, but come on. 🙂 If you’re not a guacamole or avocado fan, try it topped with some cashew cream instead. This dish really just screams comfort food, yet it’s made using healthy and wholesome ingredients. Plus, it’s vegan, oil free, gluten free and virtually fat free, with the added bonus of being high in protein and iron. There’s really no reason not to try this! 🙂
How do you make loaded sweet potatoes?
Start with the beans and dump all the ingredients into your Instant Pot to get those going. Then preheat your oven and scrub the potatoes, place them on a tray with parchment paper, piercing them all around to prevent them from exploding in the oven. Bake until fork tender, about 45 minutes.
Once you have both the beans and the potatoes going, you can prepare any additional toppings you’d like. My favourite way to top these is with my 3 Minute Easy Guacamole but you can also go for some Dairy Free Sour Cream (Cashew Cream) or salsa! Don’t forget some garnishes, like cilantro, red chili flakes or even some Vegan Parmesan Cheese, if desired. Yum!
Once the potatoes and beans are ready, slice the potatoes lengthwise without cutting all the way through. Stuff them with as many of the delicious baked beans as possible!! Then top them with a few of your favourite garnishes. Now DIG RIGHT IN! So So GOOD!
If you like this recipe, you may also like:
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans (You won’t miss the meat!)
- Sweet Potato Noodles w/ Vegan Alfredo Sauce [GF+Oil Free]
- Vegan Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Salad with 3 Minute Guacamole
- Instant Pot Mexican Casserole [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Sweet Potato Bean Burger (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Oil Free Mexican Inspired Taco Buddha Bowl
- Instant Pot Potato Leek Soup (with Stove Top Directions)
- 4 sweet potatoes scrubbed
For the Baked Beans
3 Minute Easy Guacamole (Optional Garnish)
- Dump all your baked bean ingredients into your Instant Pot, give it a stir and close the lid. Make sure the valve is in the sealing position and set to high pressure for 40 minutes. (It wll take about 10 minutes to build pressure before counting down.) Once the timer is complete, you may quick release the steam valve.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pierce your sweet potatoes using a fork or knife 5-6 times around the potato. (This will prevent them from exploding in the oven.) Then bake for 45 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork.
- While both the beans and potatoes are cooking, prepare your guacamole if using.