You asked and I answered! For all my readers who loved my first dessert hummus, (Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip) and have been asking for a healthy chocolatey option, this one’s for you! Presenting Chocolate brownie dessert hummus! Nom. 🙂 This delicious treat is made using wholesome ingredients, it’s free from nuts, oil, gluten, and it’s 100% vegan. Enjoy.
How do you make chocolate brownie dessert hummus?
First combine your dates and 1/4 cup of your milk to a food processor. Process until you get a paste texture. Make sure you form your paste before adding the remaining ingredients, or the dates may not break down very well. You don’t want the dates to be left chunky as this will affect the overall sweetness of your dip. Once all the ingredients are processed and smooth, transfer the mixture to a bowl and garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired.
Perfect for dipping, this dessert hummus pairs well with fresh fruit, especially strawberries!! It’s thick and creamy and completely luscious. It’s really quite magical, considering how healthy this treat is!
This chocolate brownie dip also tastes wonderful with salted pretzels for a sweet and salty treat. But, feel free to experiment with even more dippers, like vanilla sponge cake squares or marshmallows. Swoon.
If you enjoy this guilt free treat, you might also like these refined sugar free desserts!
- Allergen Friendly Sweet Potato Cookies [V+GF & Nut Free!]
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread [Vegan+GF+Oil Free]
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip [V+GF]
- Easy Coconut Peach Popsicles
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies [V+GF]
- Very Berry Sugar Free Energy Bites
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Add the dates and 1/4 cup of the plant milk to your food processor and process until the dates are broken down and a paste is formed. Then add all remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth.
- Garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired and serve with fresh fruit and pretzels.