Chocolate brownie dessert hummus! Nom. 🙂 This delicious treat is made using healthy ingredients like chickpeas and dates and it’s free from nuts, oil, gluten, and it’s 100% vegan.
You asked and I answered! For all my readers who loved my first dessert hummus, (Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip) and have been asking for a healthy chocolatey option, this one’s for you!
How do you make chocolate brownie dessert hummus?
First combine your dates and 1/4 cup of your milk to a food processor. Process until you get a paste texture. Make sure you form your paste before adding the remaining ingredients, or the dates may not break down very well. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Transfer your dip to a serving bowl and garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired.
Perfect for dipping, this dessert hummus pairs well with fresh fruit, especially strawberries!! It’s thick and creamy and completely luscious. It’s really quite magical, considering how healthy this treat is!
This chocolate brownie dip also tastes wonderful with salted pretzels for a sweet and salty treat. But, feel free to experiment with even more dippers, like vanilla sponge cake squares or marshmallows. Swoon.
More delicious dessert recipes that are free from refined sugar:
- Allergen Friendly Sweet Potato Cookies [V+GF & Nut Free!]
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread [Vegan+GF+Oil Free]
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip [V+GF]
- Easy Coconut Peach Popsicles
- Oatmeal Zucchini Cookies [V+GF]
- Very Berry Sugar Free Energy Bites
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Add the dates and 1/4 cup of the plant milk to your food processor and process until the dates are broken down and a paste is formed. Then add all remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth.
- Garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired and serve with fresh fruit and pretzels.