You asked and I answered! For all my readers who loved my first dessert hummus, (Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip) and have been asking for a healthy chocolatey option, this one’s for you!
How do you make chocolate brownie dessert hummus?
First combine your dates and 1/4 cup of your milk to a food processor. Process until you get a paste texture. Make sure you form your paste before adding the remaining ingredients, or the dates may not break down very well. Then add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Transfer your dip to a serving bowl and garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired.
Perfect for dipping, this dessert hummus pairs well with fresh fruit, especially strawberries!! It’s thick and creamy and completely luscious. It’s really quite magical, considering how healthy this treat is!
This chocolate brownie dip also tastes wonderful with salted pretzels for a sweet and salty treat. But, feel free to experiment with even more dippers, like vanilla sponge cake squares or marshmallows. Swoon.
More refined sugar free desserts
- Allergen Friendly Sweet Potato Cookies
- Coconut Lime Popsicles
- Easy Healthy Chickpea Cookies
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Sweet Hummus Fruit Dip
If you tried this recipe, please let me know about it in the comments below. I always love hearing from you! Don’t forget to Subscribe to This Healthy Kitchen to be among the first to get my new recipes! You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter to see more delicious food and get all the latest updates.
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp soy milk or plant milk of choice
- 1 19 oz can chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Add the dates and 1/4 cup of the plant milk to your food processor and process until the dates are broken down and a paste is formed. Then add all remaining ingredients and continue to process until smooth.
- Garnish with dark chocolate chips if desired and serve with fresh fruit and pretzels.