Delicious, creamy, velvety, spiced sweet potato soup makes a perfect starter on any fall menu. This soup is satisfying and comforting. All the while, providing a ton of nutrients in a light, low calorie dish.
A nice warm bowl of this soup will leave your taste buds and tummy quite satisfied! It’s creamy texture leaves you feeling full, while only containing 118 calories per bowl! So go ahead and have seconds, or even thirds! Bonus, it’s vegan, nut free and gluten free, making it a perfectly suitable choice for anyone with intolerances and food preferences.
How do you make spiced sweet potato soup?
Roughly chop all your veggies and start by sautéing your onion and jalapeno in a large pot. Then add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until the veggies are fork tender. Once cooked, puree your soup using an immersion blender. (Or carefully transfer to your regular blender in batches.) Then serve! Easy as 1-2-3.
This sweet potato soup is made using only wholesome ingredients. It’s spiced with jalapeno and chili powder and your favourite holiday seasonings, such as cinnamon and ground ginger. The natural sweetness from the sweet potatoes combine so elegantly with the spicy and savoury seasoning.
Such bold flavour, super satisfying and definitely a crowd pleaser! This dish would make a great starter for a holiday menu, or just a quick, busy weeknight meal.
Serve your soup garnished with dairy free sour cream and vegan parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle some hemp hearts or chia seeds for a little added protein. Then dust a little black pepper or chili flakes to up the heat if desired.
Want more delicious, healthy soup recipes?
- Healthy Broccoli Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Or Stove Top)
- Thai Peanut Chickpea Soup Instant Pot
- Carrot Cauliflower Soup with Dill & Sage [V+GF]
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup with Quinoa
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled & chopped
- 1 small acorn squash peeled & chopped
- 1 small cauliflower broken into large florets
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Optional garnish: cashew cream
- In a large pot, add the onion and jalapeno with a couple of tablespoons of water and sauté for approx. 5 minutes, until softened.
- Then add all the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree your soup. Or transfer in batches to a regular blender using extreme caution.
- Serve garnished with cashew cream if desired.