Lemon cranberry muffins are a healthier muffin choice. No oil, no dairy, no refined sugar, and no eggs to make this delicious batter. Instead, I’m swapping for healthier ingredients like unsweetened applesauce and unrefined coconut sugar.
These secretly healthy muffins have only 87 calories a piece. Perfect for breakfast, or dessert.
How do you make lemon cranberry muffins?
Start by gathering your dry ingredients and mixing them into a large bowl.
Then add all your wet ingredients, except the cranberries and mix until incorporated. Don’t over mix the batter.
Now fold in the cranberries and your batter is ready.
Divide your mixture among 12 muffin cups. Use a non stick tray, or muffin liners. Since the recipe has no oil, you may need to spray your liners to prevent sticking.
Or just make sure your muffins are cooled before peeling away the paper liners. If you try and peel them away when the muffins are still hot, you will pull away some of muffin with it.
Your muffin cups will be almost full, but don’t worry, these won’t rise too much, so that’s just how you want them.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, approx 18-20 minutes.
Let your muffins cool and enjoy!
How long do lemon cranberry muffins keep?
These muffins taste best within 1-2 days of baking. However, they will keep at room temperature, in a sealed container, or covered in plastic wrap for 3-4 days. Make sure they are covered to prevent them from drying out.
More favourite muffin recipes
- Mini Quinoa Sweet Potato Muffins
- Vegan Lemon Blueberry Muffins [GF + Oil Free]
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins [V+GF+Oil Free]
- Allergen Friendly Eggless Frittata Muffins
- 1 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and whisk together. Then add all the wet ingredients, except the cranberries. and mix until combined without over mixing. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the mixture between your 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.